We had so much fun last year (long line and all) that we returned to Fair Oaks Mall this year, only this time we were smarter and went on a Wednesday.
When we first entered the dome, Daniel and Anabella weren't sure what to think. I think they were a little scared. Here they were enclosed in a winter wonderland with falling snow, polar bears and icecaps- good thing they had on boots! Daddy showed them the snow, and before long they were out exploring it for themselves.
They had an ice throne where you could sit to make pictures, so here we are trying to get a few. Since we only had a few seconds, we mostly got backs of heads, but I do love the last one!
We've been reading Santa books for some time now. Both Daniel and Anabella say Santa, though it's not always very clear. But one thing that is clear is their hearty, "Ho, ho, ho." And "cookies"- they know Santa likes cookies! Their favorite book right now is Elmo's Night Before Christmas, and there is a picture of Elmo sitting on Santa's lap. Every time we read the book (which is a couple times each day), I explain how they are going to sit on Santa's lap. I thought it would be fun for them to take cookies, but I forgot to grab some before we left the house.
Daniel liked Santa Claus. He not only sat on his lap and smiled, but he blew him kisses as we were leaving. Anabella, who is generally friendlier with strangers than Daniel, wanted nothing to do with Santa Claus. Bless her heart, her little lip quivered because she was so scared. But they snapped the photos so quickly, and we picked her up so quickly, tears never materialized. But, as you will see from the picture, she was scared to death.
It's funny to compare the two Santa pictures. Last year's picture was the same- Daniel smiled and Bell looked scared. The really funny thing (all of you who know them well will agree)- Bell is the one who always smiles for pictures. Apparently, she does not like Santa. Sorry, Santa. Better luck next year. I do love this Santa picture, smiles or no smiles. Ho, Ho, Ho! Merry Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment