Having been without our iPad for a little over a month now, I've gotten sooooo behind on my blogging. Believe it or not, some of these pictures are from just after Easter!
Skating inside on a rainy spring day....
Helping to assemble their new playhouse
Who needs a playhouse when you have the box?!
We play our nap schedule day to day by ear. While there are still days when they benefit from naps, bedtime can be such a battle when they do nap in the afternoon. But, some days, particularly after an especially active morning, they need more than just quiet time- they need sleep to recharge. This was taken on one of those days, during quiet time, when they both just conked out.
Falling asleep after reading in bed....a girl after her mother's heart
While I may drive a van....look who's riding shotgun! Now, if that doesn't make me cool.....
Spent plenty of time at parks once the weather got nice
The night before Mother's Day, Beth invited me to a hospital fundraiser called Denim & Diamonds, where I enjoyed a night out with the girls, including a nice meal and a guest speaker.
We had our house painted in May. It's one of the reasons (besides the iPad) I've gotten so behind with my blogging. I've been spring cleaning, believe it or not. Nothing like a little dust from having your walls sanded and having to move stuff that hadn't been moved since we moved (almost 4 years ago!) to motivate a certain somewhat non-cleaner to do a little REAL cleaning! This bird....do you see it there in the blinds....decided to join us one evening and then again the next day while we were at church. Turns out the painter accidentally opened the fireplace damper while he was painting around it.
Left a few feathers on our dresser along with a little something else which I won't share....ewwww....do you see why I had to CLEAN!
One of our morning dog walks
Dan walks Solomon.....do you see the bungee cord he brought along- he was trying to attach it to the leash. He cracks me up sometimes (all the time).
Anabella loves Shilee. Loves to walk her. Loves to pet her. Loves giving her treats. Loves sleeping with her. I wouldn't be surprised at all if she ends up working with animals when she gets older. She has such a caring spirit and just loves, loves, loves taking care of her pets!
Playing on the playground in Warrenton at the WARF
Dan called this Spiderman's web. Good thing he's Spiderman; he knew just how to climb it!
One of my favorite springtime activities- picnics at the park! $5 grab n go Little Caesars pizza- can't beat it!
Sometime around mid-May Daytime Playtime had their spring carnival. It was a Thursday morning from 10-1 (no school that day). Daddy had to work, but Daniel, Anabella and I went and had a blast. Anabella got her face painted and hair dyed. Dan passed on the painting and hair dye, but he sure did enjoy his snow cone!
They were so cute palling around holding hands. They fuss so much at home some days it warms my heart so much on days like these when I get to see how much they really do share a special bond.
So sweet.
They had two large moon bounces but they limited the number of kids on at one time (thank goodness). Daniel and Anabella were very patient waiting in line (holding hands, of course).
Any guess what this little one's favorite color is?
Holding hands again....I love it!
Here's some of the art work that adorned our walls during the early part of May:
Can you guess what this is? Or who made it?
Hey, it's a one eyed very hungry caterpillar!
Last but not least, a cute little video of Anabella "reading" the book Are You My Mother? While reading has always been a favorite activity of both hers and Dan's, lately she's really been into reading to us. "I'll read to you," she'll say as she plops down with her book. It's not uncommon to see her walking around "reading" or reading to her class as she plays teacher. She also likes to read to Shilee. I'm so glad I was finally able to capture it on video!
Stay tuned! Hoping to catch up on the rest of May in the next post!!
Shew...you all sure keep busy. What a fun time of year to do lots outside though.
ReplyDelete