Sometimes special time is Mommy taking Daniel on a special outing to the park. Or Daddy taking Anabella to run an errand. Daniel helping Daddy in the yard. Anabella helping Mommy organize a closet. Going to get a hair cut. A meal out at Chick-fil-a and some time in the play area. A trip to the mall. Baking cookies. Playing cars.
Nothing big, just "special" because it's quality time one on one.
Last weekend, while Daniel and Daddy had some special time in the yard together, Anabella and Mommy went to Front Royal for some special girl time with Maw.
Ever since I painted her nails for the first time in January, (remember the Girly Girl post), Anabella expects her nails to be painted ALL the TIME.
She gets it honest. I'm a little neurotic about having my toenails painted (fingernails not so much anymore). But, I do love pampering myself with pretty regular pedicures.
Anabella notices when I get my nails done, always complimenting me that they look pretty (she's very observant for a 3-year old). I told her, after seeing another young girl in the salon once this summer, that I would take her to the salon with me sometime soon. Then, after Anabella painted Maw and Allie's fingernails while they were visiting once this summer, Maw mentioned, too, that it's about time for Anabella to get her first manicure/pedicure.
So, on a weekend when I was planning to go to Front Royal anyway for a family reunion, we decided to make it a super special day and hit the nail salon following the reunion.
Someone could hardly enjoy herself at the reunion because she kept asking when we were going to go do our nails! At one point, when I asked her why she didn't want to play on the playground equipment with her cousin, she told me it was because we were having special time together. So sweet! And, so Anabella!
Here we are at the reunion in a picture sent to me by Aunt Julie. She loved that we both have identical expressions on our faces. I wonder, were we daydreaming of our upcoming pedicures?
Here we are at the nail salon, American Nails & Spa in Stephens City, very close to Sherando Park where we had our reunion.
![]() |
| Deciding on her color.... |
![]() |
| I figured she'd pick pink, just not sure what shade.... |
![]() |
| Hot pink! Go, Anabella! |
![]() |
| The princess ready for her first pedicure. |
![]() |
![]() |
| Oh, she did wash her feet- can you say ticklish?! |
![]() |
| TaDa! |
![]() |
| TaDa! |
![]() |
| A coating of glitter is included in the $15 deal. She loved the glitter, naturally. :) |
![]() |
| Because she was such a good client, she even earned a lollipop! (I get half a dozen pedicures a year and I've never once gotten a lollipop- no fair!) |
![]() |
| Here's Anabella showing off her nails; the beautiful French manicure is Mom's. |
![]() |
| Three generations of beautiful toes pictured here. Ten French toes: Maw Ten "I'm really not a Waitress" red toes: Mommy Ten hot pink glitter toes: Anabella |


















What a fun girls' outing! I like the variety of polishes you chose.
ReplyDeleteDave said Hadley couldn't paint her toes until she stopped putting them in her mouth. I guess it's finally time to try it!