Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Water (and dirt) Everywhere

While heading out to tutor one Saturday morning in August, I passed a yard sale on my way out of the neighborhood.

Naturally, I u-turned in the middle of the street (I should have the bumper sticker- I brake for yard sales.)

Seriously, how can you not stop when people are giving away stuff in their yards?

I bought three things- a table lamp for the basement- red base with blue/white gingham shade for $2, a pair of Gymboree size 8 (like new) rain boots for $1 (too small for Belle's growing feet, but I'll consign them for $5.50 and make enough to cover the lamp), and the lovely water table, pictured below, for $12.

The lamp looks great in the basement, the boots are awaiting a tag for the October sale, and the kids spent hours, HOURS, that entire Saturday afternoon/evening entertaining themselves with this second-hand water table (while Mommy & Daddy took a ridiculous amount of pictures).

Since then, they've played with it another half dozen times, and I picked it up mid-August.

Was it worth 12 bucks?

You betcha!

If it doesn't make it beyond this season, which it will, we've gotten our twelve dollars worth.

Did I mention how much I love yard sales?!

We took a ridiculous amount of pictures, so I'll let them tell the story:




 











This is where the dirt
(excuse me, chocolate pudding- termed by Anabella)
comes in.....oh my.



Look at those dirty feet! :)
(this climbing thing is also second hand- it's a little faded but still
serves its purpose)




















 























Hurray for yard sales and water tables....and good ol' fashioned dirt.

Can you believe I (we) let them play in dirt?

I know. I can't either. 

Oh my.
 

1 comment:

  1. Hope to get a chance to yardsale with you before the Baby arrives next month.

    Mom has a water table and my kids love it. Clean up is so much easier than those kiddie pools which is the part I love.

    ReplyDelete