The Snowmaggedon babies finally got their first BIG snow! And, on their birthday, nonetheless!! It only took 4 years!
They've seen snow, but not BIG snow, like the Snowmaggeon of 2010, when we welcomed them nearly 8 weeks early! (more on this in a later posting, if I can manage to pull an all nighter to get it written!)
For now.....back to the snow (no Snowmaggedon, mind you, but, hey, we'll take it!):
And to say this post is picture heavy is an understatement- I uploaded 132 pictures to this album in Picasa- and didn't edit them, so look out!
 |
| I suppose we could have just let them out the garage door. (next time) |
 |
Pretty white fluffy snow. Perfect! |
 |
| Let's try that again.... |
 |
| Knowing it was going to snow, I made sure the cupboards were full of all the birthday girl and boy's favorite goodies- Anabella started her day with her favorite- a chocolate croissant! |
 |
| Dan's favorite breakfast: cinnamon roll (lots of icing) and bacon (they both like bacon). |
 |
| Shortly after breakfast, it was time to check out their first present of the day- the 18 or so inches of fluffy, white snow from friendly (I think she must read this blog) Mother Nature. |
 |
| Finally! Something for this boy to shovel! |
 |
| Frosty was so happy he could hardly stand it! Even if he has been widdled down to nothing but his birthday suit- those pesky birds! What is it with the wildlife on Preakness Place?! I guess next year I need to follow Dad's lead and just feed the darn things. |
 |
This is what the birds do at my parent's house in the snow. (picture via mobile) |
 |
Beats this- do you see how they pecked off poor Frosty's paint ahem, body?! You can see the damage even more when the snow isn't covering half of him; they really did a number I tell ya. |
 |
But, this is what you get when you feed wildlife. (another picture via mobile from Dad's woodpile) Can you imagine if we fed critters at our house? We'd have families of all kinds hatching up their young under our porch! Is this crazy blogger still talkin' 'bout those crazy LePews from last summer?! Yep.
LePews? What? Read about them here: The LePews |
 |
See how friendly this snow is. Just a little shoveling and it scoots right over. See, there's the sidewalk. |
 |
| Hey! Where'd my boots go?! |
 |
Thanks, Michael! (heehee...you remember Michael, right? Our friendly little elf who hangs out at google and animates his favorite pictures for us.) Cool! |
 |
| While Anabella was busy making snow angels, someone else was busy making and throwing snow balls! |
 |
He actually hit Anabella with one causing only momentary drama. It was kinda funny, yet not at the same time. |
 |
Who me? Hit my sister with a snow ball? No way. |
 |
Once we got them off the porch, Sol and Shilee really enjoyed the snow. Shilee walked on top; Sol's few extra pounds made it a little more difficult for him to get around without sinking a little. |
 |
Here we are getting ready to venture down our snow covered street. It looked like the main drag through our neighborhood had been plowed, so we wanted to check it out.
|
Belle had her mini meltdown over the snow ball; Dan had his on the way back from the walk down the street, for no particular reason than I think we'd been out too long and he was just worn out.
It's hard work for little legs to get around in all that snow!
While they were napping, I made them both special cakes.
 |
Raiding their rooms ahead of time, I found just the trinkets I needed. Anabella likes chocolate, and while it's hard to make a castle with chocolate icing, I decided to use the snow as inspiration and made it a snow castle, adding the dog because Princess Anabella loves her dog. Keeping with the same theme for Dan's cake, the Spidermans are sleigh riding. While I won't be rushing to add these to pinterest or anything, Anabella and Daniel were happy and that's all the matters. "It's beautiful, Mommy" Anabella said when she woke up from her nap. Sweet girl. |
 |
| Even though we weren't having a party at home this year, I still can't help but "decorate" the house for the birthday babies, particularly since it goes right along with the Valentines theme of LOVE! |
 |
| I love this scrapbook that Jeanette, one of our friends from Liberty MS, made the twins when they were born. |
 |
All I had to do was the add the pictures. Is that a thoughtful gift for a new mama, or what? |
It was nearly dinnertime and we hadn't opened any presents. Actually the kids hadn't even mentioned them, not that they weren't excited when I suggested it.
We started with one that had arrived in the mail earlier that week, from my best friend Beth and her family.
 |
| Woohoo! Beth told me not to hate her for it (as if I'd hate something that helped them release energy, particularly in the winter!). But, she said they enjoyed Sara's so much on a recent visit to her house. Sure enough, they've enjoyed it! |
Next, we opened cards that came in the mail from MaMa and PaPa, who are visiting this weekend.
 |
| Anabella loved her princess castle card that had cut outs, which we set up on the table, and she's played with all week. |
 |
| Can you tell Dan liked his, too? |
 |
| Next, one more small gift from Mommy and Daddy. |
 |
| A pretty sundress for the princess, and a pair of dress up shoes and a princess purse. |
 |
| Dan loves Toy Story, so he got a Woody hat and belt....and even a gun to put in the holster. |
 |
| He was so excited! |
 |
| Oh, I forgot, she also got a hand mirror since she always loves using mine. |
 |
| Anabella said she was "one of the those people from Busch Gardens" and insisted that I get my picture with her. I couldn't turn her down, but with no make up and unwashed hair, well, there's a reason I switched this picture to black and white. |
I think I can speak for us all when I say this was one Happy Birthday Snow Day!!
I was thinking back to those days when I was pregnant with Caleb during the last "big" snows. We didn't get to go out and play like you did because ours was too wet.
ReplyDelete