Anabella and Daniel were all about making a Frosty, so that's what we did first thing Friday morning.
| Actually, Daddy was really the only one who can be credited for actually building Frosty, though Daniel and Anabella did help add his features. |
| See how Shilee walks on top of the snow. Her little footprints are so cute. |
![]() |
| TaDa! |
![]() |
| He looks cool, eh? |
| I love how Sol managed to get in this picture. |
After making our Frosty, we headed across the street to do some sledding.
After making our own track for the first few trips down, we discovered the "luge" our neighbors made. That's where we did some real sledding!
They came down the first ten or so times on their bottoms, but it wasn't long before Dan got the idea to come down on his belly. Sure enough, Belle followed suit, and before long the hats and gloves were off, and they were sledding like pros. I wasn't real keen on the idea of removing hats, and especially gloves, but it was getting pretty warm and they were working up a sweat walking up that hill. They had a blast! Here are two videos below:
It looked so fun, I had to try it myself. Rather than risk messing up the "luge," I made my own track. Chip tried after me, and if you think I struggled to keep my body on the sled, you should have seen him! Next year we need to buy some bigger inflatables.
Following lunch and naps (for all), we opened Valentines.
After dinner, they opened valentines from Mommy and Daddy, and we finally lit those candles that had been on the table since the first of February! Dan was so excited!!
| Disney's Monsters, Inc. DVD (which I picked up last summer from a yard sale for a buck; I don't see Disney movies at yard sales very often, but when I do, I always snatch them up) |
| Anabella got a Barbie DVD (purchased in same fashion- my yard sale stash of goodies is getting low though, good thing it's almost spring!) |
Anabella told me today that we can make a "mini Frosty" if we don't have enough snow for a big one. Love that idea. A mini Frosty. Fun! Speaking of mini frostys (which is what they get at Wendy's free with my little key tag), I know what we forgot to do during this big snow, something I always did as kid, make snow cream! Awww, man. Ok, one more snow this year, please. Fluffy, white, friendly snow only. No ice. No sleet. No rain. Enough for a mini Frosty and some snow cream.
Then, bring spring!!







Love the snowman and how proud the kids look with it.
ReplyDeletePoor pups though..."big" snow is not a treat for critters with such short legs.