I always love when Chip's birthday rolls around because I know that summer is just around the corner. This year's birthday weekend was especially nice, a much needed reprieve from our long winter and then the rainy, cold start to spring. In fact, the weather was so nice that weekend, we were able to eat meals outside and even broke out the shorts and sandals. Hello, and
Welcome May!!
I didn't get many pictures, but here are a few taken by the Credles:
 |
| This was at Ihop on Sunday morning, his actual birthday. Our hot water heater gave out that weekend and they had to order a part which wouldn't be in until Monday....not an ideal situation anytime but especially not when you have guests staying at your house....needless to say, we had to eat a few meals out. |
 |
| Chip and I went on a date Saturday night to this awesome seafood restaurant here in Gainesville called Blue Ride Seafood. Shrimp and crab legs on a picnic table outside by the tiki bar- only thing missing was the ocean view- the food was delicious. We forgot to take pictures (which means we had a really good time), but I do have this cute one the Credles took of the kids. |
On Sunday afternoon, we celebrated Daddy's birthday some more with dinner at Mom and Dad's house. Dad made a delicious chicken parmesan and served some really good red wine. (I think that's why I might not have many pictures.) Either that or I was too busy baking lemon blossoms, Chip's favorite dessert, which I couldn't make until we arrived since we didn't have any hot water to clean up the dishes.
Nevertheless, it was a good birthday weekend. Happy Birthday, Daddy! We love you!! How old are you anyway?
Sounds like Cliff had a good birthday with lots of yummy food.
ReplyDelete