Friday, May 23, 2014

Mother's Day

The night before Mother's Day I teasingly mentioned that I should be served breakfast in bed the next morning since it was Mother's Day and all. 

Meanwhile, the next morning, as Daddy prepared breakfast, Anabella insisted I return to bed so they could bring me breakfast. They got such a kick out of it, helping Daddy prepare and bring me breakfast, I'm thinking we need to do it more often (ok, I'll settle for making it a Mother's Day tradition).

I had to soak up my special breakfast in bed with my sweet babies because a few hours later we were going our separate ways for our next Mother's Day meal. 

Granny decided she wanted to do something a little different for Mother's Day this year. Typically, we have a picnic and the men grill so that we moms don't have to cook on our special day. But, because we're moms, we still end up cooking side dishes and then helping to clean up. Granny, who I'm proud of for voicing her opinion, said she wanted  all the women in the family to go out this year so they could enjoy conversation and not worry about doing any work. Granny still got to spend time with her boys, as she does every Sunday for breakfast, only this day my Aunt Beth brought breakfast from Knotty Pine (a local restaurant they own) so that Granny didn't even have to cook.  And, because I was going to Front Royal, Chip decided to take the kids and meet his mom for a Mother's Day meal as well. It was win win for us all! 

Before we all left that morning, we got some pictures:



There were 16 of us, so we made a reservation at Houlihan's, Holiday Inn's restaurant in Front Royal. I was just there the night before for an event with Beth and the food was delicious, so I was excited to be back for another meal so soon! 

All the women in our family were there, in addition to my Aunt Lisa (Dad's brother's wife), Aunt Sharon's mother Grandma Nora Ann (who Granny has become good friends with through a weekly bible study Lindsay leads) and Lindsay's friend Melanie. 

My favorite Mom! 


Granny calls Greg's pretty girls "the ugly bunch." 

Tate was so funny- she made funny faces for all the pictures that day.
Hard to believe just nine years ago two of these girls were flower girls in our wedding! Natie heads to college this summer, and Tate, the youngest of the ten grandchildren, is in high school!! Tawny, the beauty in the middle, graduated from Radford last year and is as sweet as she is pretty. 

Speaking of sweet and pretty, this bunch fits that bill, too. I love their Grandma Nora Ann and was so glad she could join us. If we do this next year, I hope my sweet mother-in-law can join us too! 

Granny does not like having her picture taken, so in typical Granny fashion, she made it playful!


Do we look like we were having fun, or what?!
I think we should celebrate Mother's Day more often! :)


1 comment:

  1. It was a fun Mother's Day. I think the last pic is my favorite. From Natie's laughter to the humor in Granny's face to Grandma who seems to be taking this a little too seriously, it cracks me up.

    ReplyDelete