I'm a sucker for a freebie. So it seemed like a good idea on Halloween morning (it was a Friday after all) to hit up Ihop for their FREE scary face pancake!
What better way to entertain than with selflies!?!
Dan loves the silly ones.
The scary face Anabella made. I don't even think Daniel's treats ever made it on the pancake. Why did I think this was a good idea?
Turns out the "free" breakfast wasn't so free, $17 later after tax, tip, a coffee, side of bacon and order of pumpkin pancakes for me. And, all Daniel and Anabella ate was bacon (which I paid for), candy corn and oreos! ha! Health free was about the only "free" breakfast we had Halloween morning! But, it was fun. :)
When I picked the kids up from school (no dress up for school this year), we headed to Front Royal where we were spoiled with more treats- a visit from Mom (who brought Melting Pot pizza, my favorite pizza in the world!), Aunt Sharon, Lindsay, Caleb, Hadley and Reid.
The kids enjoyed their Halloween goodies. We all enjoyed the pizza, and we even had a Halloween costume parade.
Granny was outfitted in her Halloween sweats with some "scary" face paint in an effort to "trick" her great grandkids, though I don't think she scared too many of them; too hard to disguise that Granny smile.
Granny was as eager as they were to get into those goody bags.
Anabella loved her Frozen wand and other Frozen goodies. She is a true Frozen fan.
Mom brought Daniel and Anabella goody bags too, and she also brought treats for Reid, Caleb and Hadley. Reid got some cars, Hadley an invisible ink Frozen book and Caleb a small transformer. I think was Lindsday was grateful they weren't edible. :)
Reid was the cutest chicken I ever did see.
Lindsay, this picture is a keeper!
Hadley & Anabella, besties.
Caleb, ready for the parade! Spiderman must have been out spinning a web or something; not sure why we didn't get him still enough for a picture. Some of these individual shots I borrowed from Lindsay.
Mother Hen trying to get this chicken to sit still!
There's Spidey!
You better run, chickens!
We left Granny's mid afternoon to return to our house for some more Halloween fun with MaMaw & PaPa.
I was sad to miss out on a "Freebie" but I guess it is good that I do.
ReplyDelete