Between preparing for my consignment sale and moving Daniel's bedroom in March, I didn't have much time for blogging.
I can't really call this is a "wrap-up" with this being my only post. Since, well, there's nothing to wrap up. Instead, here it is.....pretty much all of March:
 |
| National Pancake Day: you know where we were- Ihop- free pancakes for lunch! |
 |
| Happens every year. As soon as I turn that calendar to March, I am ready to say good-bye to sleds and coats and hello to flowers and bunny rabbits. In an effort to speed this process a bit, I went to Michaels one morning and got some spring stems to freshen up the wreath for our front door. |
 |
Wouldn't you know, the next day we got 6 inches of snow! Our biggest storm of the season. I had to pull out the already washed and clean snowsuits. I do not like that groundhog. |
 |
This one came during the day, which was pretty to watch. The kids couldn't wait to get out in it, so we let them go out back while it was coming down. |
 |
| This is what I like doing on snow days. |
 |
| This is what these sillies do. |
 |
| She's dressed up as me- see her slippers and scarf? |
 |
| This is "Muffin." I had to watch her one morning while her Mommy went to work. She was so good. Just slept on my bed all morning covered with her Steelers terrible towel. |
 |
| We said good-bye to Daniel's car bed this month and hello to his new bigger room. His bedroom was pretty small, so now that the basement is finished, we decided to move the guest room down there and his room to the old guest room. He was so excited! |
 |
| Last night in his car bed and this room. |
 |
| I know you won't be able to guess what he wanted for his new room?! |
 |
| You guessed it- superheroes! |
 |
| Because I had decorated the guest room with Americana decor, the walls were filled with holes from all the stars I had hanging. Until Daniel asked if I was planning to leave the stars up, I hadn't even considered it. But, when he said he wanted me to leave them, it kinda made sense. Captain America is Captain AMERICA! So....I removed some of the wall hangings, but ended up leaving the red, white and blue stars because after all, it does go along with the Captain America theme (at least until Daddy gets a chance to re-paint, it's better than having holes in the walls). |
 |
| His new room allows for much more play space. |
 |
| He would never have had room in his old room for this little Lego village he made of "vehicles." |
 |
While this room isn't really big enough for a bedroom, it makes for a great little crafty playroom. We cleared out all the books and puzzles from the office and brought up the easels and bookshelves from the basement making Daniel's old room a new upstairs play/craft room. Now we have a home for all their art supplies, and a place to do school work. S and S enjoy it too. I'm thinking it may be time for a new desk (gotta get that tax write off in before I lose S and S at the end of this school year...boohoo....we will miss them so much). |
 |
| Our current "desk" and bookshelf were curbside finds from a neighbor on our street. |
 |
| This little diva went with her friend Lily to Ulta one Saturday while Lily got her hair cut. |
 |
| She was all about trying out the make-up. Mrs. Timme texted me while I was working my consignment sale to tell me that Anabella loved make up. Then, next thing I knew, there was a picture of her- in make up! Noooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! She had such a good time that day. Happy to have such fun neighbor friends. |
 |
| Here's Daniel's March at home assignment. He had to color the pictures, cut them and glue them under the picture that rhymed. Never mind that it's all colored blue, he did a GREAT job coloring, cutting and pasting all by himself. So proud of him. Especially for the cutting, which he did so well. |
 |
| Anabella's "Daniel in the Lion's Den" artwork completed at school. |
 |
| I serve as a teacher in our church's 2s class every three months. Been doing it for about a year and a half now. Started as an assistant a few years ago. Anabella loves going early with me and helping get the classroom ready. She puts out all the chairs and helps me get the sticker sheets in the kids' lesson pages. |
 |
| I'm pretty sure if I was sick one week or something, she'd be fine to take over. She knows exactly what to do and very confidently goes right about it. She's better than me too- even remembering the kids by name. After not seeing them for 3 months. I was brushing her hair the first Sunday in March, and she said to me that she was excited to see Lexie. Huh? Lexie? Oh, Lexie! One of the girls in my class. How did she remember her name? She's only there for the first 15 minutes or so before her Daddy comes to get her and take her to her class. Only Anabella. She's a girl with a big heart. Not to mention, an incredible memory!! |
 |
She even remembered to put some toys out on the table. She likes to put out ALL the chairs even though we really only need about six. Always better to be over prepared, right? Such a sweet helper. And you know the kids love her too. |
 |
Lindsay and her kids met us at Granny's a few Tuesdays in March. Warms my heart to see those sweet cousins together. |
 |
| These two always embrace so sweetly when they see each other. It's cute. Granny gets jealous asking why Hadley gets a hug before her? Notice how they are sitting together on the same side of the table. Anabella calls her "my Hadley." |
 |
| Wacky Hair Day |
 |
| The Captain America shirt Daniel is wearing was by far his pick of the month. Like his Captain America pjs, he'd pick it every day it was clean. It's short sleeved, but he's always good about wearing a long sleeve shirt under it. I don't like to squash independence, but I did have to explain that he couldn't wear it every day to school, even if it was clean. |
 |
| Hey, where'd they go?! |
 |
| Daniel got this solar system mobile for a birthday present from our neighbors, Aiden and Lily. We had fun assembling it and hanging it above his bed. I was surprised at what he remembered from studying the solar system at DTPT last year. It also came with a Magic School Bus book about the solar system, so this project ended up being a learning experience too. For him as well as me, as I'm the first to admit, science was never favorite subject so I don't know nearly what I should. |
 |
Daniel?
You've grown so......different.
And, your ears are pulled back! |
 |
| At Granny's on St. Patrick's Day |
 |
| Don't worry, he's got green on under that suit. |
 |
| A quiet moment (hard to catch with this one who's usually on the move). |
 |
| He loves this book. |
 |
Quick, hide the stickers! Oh my. Anabella's been "decorating" again. |
 |
This is where she moved her dolls/dogs that were in the crib. Makes sense, right? I'm all about encouraging creativity and independent thinking, but I did make her remove the stickers (after a few days) as I explained that it might make the surface sticky. |
 |
How cute is he? "Superman" on this particular day. Doesn't like his picture taken but humored me for a few. |
 |
We're at Manhattan Bagel in Clifton, close to where I used to teach at Liberty, and my old all time favorite breakfast place. We have to go to Centreville to see our pediatric dentist, so afterwards I treat the kids (and me) to a bagel. My favorite is multigrain bagel with honey almond cream cheese. The week Anabella went with me, her choice was chocolate chip (chocolate- I know, shocker) toasted with butter. Daniel took me off guard when he requested a bacon and egg. Apparently, someone has been here with Daddy. :) As that's always his pick. I was a bit reluctant because I wasn't sure he would eat it since he'd eaten a pretty good breakfast that morning. He's always a good breakfast eater, unlike Anabella who is lucky to do more than drink a glass of milk. Sure enough, he ate it. All but two bites. Superman needs his fuel, y'all! |

 |
| The week before when it was Anabella's "special day" we went to my favorite thrift store in Centreville, Centreville Thrift, and then returned home to play cards (her favorite special time activity- games or cards). Daniel's appointment was later in the morning, so knowing we didn't have time to go back home, I thought he might like to visit where Mommy (and Daddy) used to live- Sanderling condominium in Centreville. |
 |
| While we'd driven by my old condo before (almost every time we're in Centreville- we do the same thing in Burke- does everyone do this, or am I just weird?), I hadn't been up those three flights since we moved in 2006. Not much different besides that I had this little cutie to talk to this time. He thought it was so cool and fun. He even commented as we were going back to the van how "fun" it was. Who knew? |
 |
We had some time, and it was a beautiful day, so we walked some of the trails behind the building and explored a bit. If there's one thing this boy likes, it's exploring (especially outdoors- woods or no woods, sticks or no sticks!).
|
 |
| This has a story behind it. (By the way I know this post is jumpy and totally random, so if you're still reading, thank you). I promise to do better next month. Anyway, back to the story. So, after getting pedicures with my good friend Mary one Saturday afternoon in March, I returned home with belated birthday gifts for the kids. Daniel got a super cool rocket launcher, and Anabella got a nice art kit (Mary's a former art teacher, go figure). Art kit had a mini stapler. Anabella loves using a stapler, and this is the first time she's had her very own. Understandably, she was ready to use it immediately. Smart girl that she is, created her very own "packet" of papers to staple together. Completely her idea, her doing. I was so impressed when she brought it to me. Above is the "dirt".....aka soil. |
 |
| Flower stems |
 |
Ta da! Do I even have to tell you what this is? All nicely stapled at the top left. |
 |
Daddy and Dan at GBW Movie Night- Big Hero 6! Pizza and all the candy (almost) he could eat. Anabella had ballet, so afterwards we had some girl time. Pizza at Mamma Mia next door to the studio followed by....you guessed it, cards! |
 |
| Playing with bubble wands at a friend's birthday party. Such a simple, yet fun, idea. I think it was sorta my thought at Dan's party. Along with the crushing of the cones- popping bubbles- only these wands made it easier- that, and the fact that it was about 40 degrees warmer! |
 |
| Dan was at home playing basketball with Daddy. |
 |
No, it wasn't that warm. We just like to pretend. |
 |
| They love wearing "exercise clothes." I suppose it's because Chip and I do. |
 |
| Anabella was practicing her ballet moves, and they were both practicing their "gallops." |
 |
Wooooweeee, if only I had caught this little hip action on video. Oh my. Daddy better borrow some of Granddaddy's guns now. |
 |
Musical chairs. I tried to explain that you really can't play musical chairs with two people. But I was wrong, apparently you can. Especially when you kinda make up your own rules. |
I don't like not being "home" for holidays. With that said, I'm super excited for our first ever family of 4 Spring Break! While we won't be back in time to go to our church for Easter or to even to make it to Granny's in time for an Easter egg hunt, I still wanted some "Easter pictures" of the kids in their cute little dress and suit, so I decided to do some Easter pictures of my own pre-Easter (the week before we left- as if I didn't have anything else to do). I figured it'd be a nice surprise in the mail for our Front Royal family and a nice gift to give the Credles and Ann, Lynn & Dennis, who'd we be visiting in Orlando when we arrived on Saturday. Who doesn't like pictures?!
Here's a few of my favorites:
Alas, there you have it: March 2015. By far my most random, piece mealed (is that even a word) post ever. Maybe not ever. But close.
Stay tuned......Spring Break from Florida coming soon!!! (disclaimer- most of this was done in the van on our trip to FL, so if it's jumbled more than usual, that's why.)
Thanks for posting. Getting it all in one post is better than nothing. Those stars really do work in his room and I like your wreath. My fav pics of Dan and Bell are when they are loving each other.
ReplyDelete