Tuesday, October 27, 2015

My 39th Birthday

It seems odd devoting a blog post to my birthday. I usually throw my one or two b-day pics into the monthly "wrap-up" post, but this year I have more than a couple pictures, so I decided why not give myself an entire post.

It is, after all, my last year as a 30something.

I love having a fall birthday. It's my favorite season of the year, not to mention it usually falls near Columbus Day weekend, meaning my hubby gets a long weekend, meaning.....more time to celebrate!

Saturday we went to Mom and Dad's and spent a beautiful afternoon/evening with the family. Dad grilled steaks for my birthday and Mom made my favorite sides- rice, mashed potatoes and green beans, and Allie bought me a yummy red velvet cake.




My real birthday fell on a weekday, which meant Chip had to work and the kids had to go to school. I thought about going to have lunch with them, but decided to pull them out early instead.

This is all I really needed for my birthday. :) 




I had a wonderfully relaxing day. I did get groceries that morning, but then treated myself to a free birthday coffee from Dunkin' Donuts. I got pumpkin spiced, my fall favorite!

Then, I got a pedicure and spent the afternoon reading until it was time to pick up the kids early. I purposely didn't do any housework. Besides emptying the dishwasher and doing a load of laundry (those don't count because they're every day chores).

Once I picked up the kids, we went to Duck Donuts (my new favorite donut shop ever- coffee is okay at Dunkin' but I won't eat their donuts anymore; must save calories for Duck!).

Next, we took a nice walk through one of the parks near our house. I had considered doing this by myself earlier in the day, as it was a beautiful day, but I decided to wait and I'm glad I did because it was more fun with these three! Can you spot the "third" party in this picture? 

It was picture day at school; and, while Daniel changed when we made a "pit stop" at home before our afternoon walk through the woods, Anabella decided to stay in her dress. She was the best dressed of anyone for a walk in the woods. 


Leaves were just starting to change colors.
Chip got off early that day, and he called just as soon as we set out for our walk, so we cut it short and got home about the same time he did.

It was nice to have a longer afternoon and not feel rushed to eat when he walked in the door, which is usually the case on weeknights as by the time he gets home, it's dinnertime.

We opened gifts, took some pictures (good job, Daddy!) and went to dinner at Thai Peppers.

I got so many fun presents.
A new fall wreath, some Halloween placemats (that Anabella picked out), a Trick or Treat coffee mug (from Daniel) and a gift card to Stein Mart, my favorite new store! Oh, and a Duck Donuts card, too. Can anyone say spoiled?! 







The next day the celebration continued as Granny made my favorite chicken casserole for lunch and the three of us went shopping.
The Credles visited this past weekend, and I was spoiled with another birthday celebration. (Is it possible we forgot to get pictures? I was sick with bronchitis, so it's probably better we did.)  I've enjoyed two birthday meals out with friends and have one more coming up this week. I do love celebrating my birthday! Here's to making my last year as a 30something a fabulous one!!

How cute are these placemats?
I never would have picked them myself, but I sure do love that my girl did. They added just the right amount of Halloween festiveness we needed. I'm more of a "fall" decorator, so it was nice to get some "Halloween" decor. I even hung a few spiders and a bat from the chandelier and put some skeletons in the window. Good and spooky at the Credle house right now!

I love this supersized coffee mug from Daniel. He knows what mommy likes! 





No comments:

Post a Comment