Saturday, February 27, 2016

6 year olds

I couldn't have been any prouder of Daniel during Anabella's party. He didn't show the slightest sign of jealousy. Never said a word about her party being celebrated before his. Once I reassured him that he was turning 6 the same day Anabella was, we just couldn't have his party until the following weekend, he was fine. He did ask, early on, during the party's planning stages, why Anabella was turning 6 before him. How cute that he associated the party with the actual "birthday" and becoming a year older.

That evening, following Anabella's party, we really tried to make it all about Daniel. He got to pick the meal, though he picked our whole family's favorite...(I was so happy he didn't request Waffle House).

Good ol' steak and baked potato (with mommy's special "sauce")


Look at that rare steak....go, Dan! He cleared this plate and then some....




Oreo ice cream cake....yum yum! 

He even got to drink some orange soda leftover from Anabella's party. Soda is a favorite of his, but something he usually only enjoys at Granny's or Maw & Dee's, as we never buy soda. But, I'd say 6th birthday is definitely an occasion to splurge a little. Look at that cute lil' soda-stache. 



It was cold that day, like bitter cold wind chills in the single digits, temperature not above freezing all day. So, that afternoon after everyone left, Chip quickly fixed up a nice fire. After dinner, we enjoyed the warmth of the fire with our full tummies, and I took advantage of the good moods to shoot a little mini-6 year old photo session!

Note to self for future photo shoots- be sure to wash away orange soda-staches before taking pictures. 

Even with the orange-stach, these photos couldn't be any cuter!

So proud of my big 6 year olds! Full of personality and good character and lots of CUTENESS!!!












I won't mention WHY they were laughing so hard. 










I think this is my favorite. 








Stayed tuned for some fun Bounce Mania coming soon.....

No comments:

Post a Comment