These were all the love notes and cards Anabella left her Daddy (along with his keys and wallet) on his birthday eve.
At Uncle Julio's waiting for their tableside guacamole with MaMaw & PaPa when they visited in May.
Date night at Coastal Flats for us.
Picture of just me?! That's a first. :)
Anabella finished her first year of Awana in May with this cute little ceremony.
Getting her ribbon for completing her first book!
Below is a video of Anabella singing the Old Testament. She taught herself the Old and New Testament by listening to the songs. Such a smart girl. So proud of her. Self determination is one of her finer traits (along with many others). Her teacher said she's a leader in the classroom and always a willing helper; says she can put her with anyone and know that she'll do great; I believe it.
Hadley's ballet recital was in May and not the same Saturday as Anabella's this year, so we got to go see Hadley perform. Anabella loved it. This isn't a great picture, but I took it because she was just so cute sitting in the audience reading the program counting the acts until her Hadley girl's performance- "five more," she'd say, "only four more, Mommy...." It was so cute!
Collecting beautiful weed (excuse me flower) bouquets!
They don't see each other quite as often now that Anabella is in school, but they still hold a special bond, which I love.
For the last month of school, the 1st grade did a 26 day countdown using the alphabet and each day represented its own theme. This was H for Hat Day!
Sometimes when I tuck the kids in at night, I just can't help but get pictures of their sweet little faces sleeping.
Love that he sleeps holding his precious little "nunu" bear.
Boy, did those lima beans from the field trip ever grow!
Making homemade pimento cheese, yum yum.
Cold May morning at the bus stop.
Daniel and Anabella are pretty good kids if I do say so myself. Hardly ever ask for "stuff" but boy did they ever want one of these fidget spinners, the new craze. We looked and looked and they were always sold out until one Friday when I hit Five Below before noon and managed to find them! They were happy kids. And I earned Best Mom for that one day.
Happy here too.....getting rocks with Daddy one morning before school. It was S day for School Spirit!
Man, oh man, we really need to plant that thing!
Leave it to Dan....he planted his right here in the corner of the front yard.
You know what May means- good bike riding weather!!
Trying out the new community benches.
Look who else learned to ride her bike this month!!
Do you see the discolored legos? Those were his Daddy's when he was little. Legos never do go out of style.
I love Dan's masterpieces. Such a creative little fella.
Zucchini bread in May? Say what?! Yum yum.
Always the right month for fort building.
These are the fabulous ladies I worked with in preschool this year. To my left is my assistant, and to her left is the afternoon teacher and her assistant. We made a good team. Love them like family. Even if I couldn't be any more different than the other teacher, she makes me laugh and we keep it fun. Can't beat that. Gotta laugh, or else what's the saying, we'd all go insane! Seriously though, love these ladies. And my job.
Practicing my bun making skills for Belle's recital. I got a bun maker, and with her longer hair, I must say, not too shabby. I actually prefer the messy bun look.
No comments:
Post a Comment