Enjoying the leftover cupcakes from my end of the year party with my preschoolers.
Ugh, what a rough first week of summer break. Anabella and I picked up some nasty poison ivy from Solomon, I guess. Anabella was covered from head to toe with a swollen face and everything and mine was limited to my arm (thankfully), but while hers faded fast, mine is still there nearly 2 weeks later. Despite a heavy dose of topical and oral steroids, I'm STILL dealing with it.
Good thing it was our first week of vacation! Sadly though, we got it just the day before we were supposed to go the Credles for their 50th anniversary celebration so Anabella and I didn't get to go. Chip and Dan went for the day.
At Waffle House on the way there.
With Mr. Nelson, the athletic director when Chip was in high school, also one of his favorite teachers, a good friend of the Credles.
Having greeted all of MaMaw and PaPa's friends at the door and apparently being Mr. Charming himself throughout the party, this boy was conked out on the way home!
Father's Day: The original plan was to have breakfast with Clifton Sunday morning and then drive to Front Royal to enjoy a Father's Day picnic at Elizabeth Furnace by the creek with Dad and Allie and Erik's family (which has been our tradition the last few years), but.....instead we enjoyed a quiet Father's Day at home.
This was a big improvement from the day before.
My favorite part of this is "My dad's pockets are full of: JOY!" Anabella says to me, "Get it, Mommy, JOY." Oh, how much confidence my daughter has in my ability to "get it"....lol.
Throwing football with Daniel in the afternoon.....while we would have rather been in Front Royal with family, it wasn't a bad day. We made Daddy a great brunch with eggs, bacon, homemade hashbrowns, croissants and fresh fruit followed by a nice steak dinner that evening.
I had a hard time choosing among the thousand or so selfies I have of these cuties!! My favorite three people in this world.
The week after school let out was a rather boring one if I do say so myself. We couldn't go to the pool because of my poison ivy (and Belle's, though hers healed quickly). We did go to swimming lessons in the morning but spent the afternoons mostly at home.
Daniel and Anabella were happy though. They entertained themselves and had a great time. They were SO so good. They did spend one afternoon at the pool with our neighbor friends.
Towards the end of the week, I came out of what I called my depression- I can totally see how someone with chronic pain can become depressed- what a lesson this was in appreciation for good health. Oh. My. Gosh.
Happy little summer scholars!!
At the library where this girl wanted to look up ALL her books. We signed up for the summer reading program.
Dan kept rushing Anabella to "come on" so they could do a puppet show!
Back at home, Belle read Dan Berenstein Bears and the Bully. This was the first day I say that I came out of my "fog" from that awful poison ivy. We didn't do much besides go to the grocery store and the library and I treated the kids to ice cream. Oh, and we made slime. But you'd a thought it was the best day EVER. They kept thanking me saying, "thank you mommy for taking us to the library." "Thank you for the ice cream. Thank you for getting the ingredients for slime." It was so FUNNY!
Friday night Anabella said goodbye to about 3 inches of her pretty hair.
Rode their bikes to the barber!
Her braid held overnight.
Saturday was a nice afternoon for a movie! Cars.....so we can get ready to see Cars 3 in the theatre.
That Sunday we made a trip to Water Country!! I was MOM of the YEAR and all I did was drop them off (and joined them for lunch). I still had a really bad rash and was afraid to be in the sun, so I happily did some outlet shopping while they enjoyed the day in the sun.
That evening the kids spent the night with the Credles.
Dan doing maintenance on his bike. ha!
Enjoying some legos at the Mariner's Museum, where MaMaw volunteers.
Where's Dan? Where's Belle?
Enjoying an ice cream after picking out desks at IKEA. Summer is simply not complete without a day trip to IKEA!
How cute is that wine stopper?!
Breakfast on the deck anyone?
At Granny's enjoying an ice cream withe Peyton and Colton
No comments:
Post a Comment