On Christmas morning Daniel woke up a little after 6 am. Six out of seven days a week Daniel and Anabella wake up between 7-7:30. We waited a little while to see if he'd go back to sleep, but when I peeked in his room and saw that he was sitting up, I knew he was ready to start the day. Anabella, meanwhile, was still fast asleep.
We took advantage of the one-on-one time with Daniel and took him to our room for a little snuggle time. Snuggle time lasted about an hour as Anabella didn't wake up until a little after 7 am. By that time, I was able to get downstairs, make coffee, start breakfast and get the video camera ready so that I could catch their first reactions to the presents under their trees.
As you can see from the video, the frog was a big hit with Daniel. Another instant favorite was also a stocking stuffer, this flute.
Anabella is wearing one of her favorite stocking stuffers, plastic bracelets.
One of Daniel's favorite presents was this peg set with hammer.
He likes anything with a hammer!
He likes anything with a hammer!
Anabella's big present was this baby set that came with a
rocking horse, crib and feeding accessories.
rocking horse, crib and feeding accessories.
Daniel's big gift was a Little People racetrack/garage that Daddy bought. This has become a favorite for both Daniel and Anabella. I think that means next year Daddy needs to help pick out more toys!
Daniel also really liked his doctor kit.
And, of course, both Daniel and Anabella liked their new books!
After eating a light breakfast and trying out some toys, we got dressed and drove to Front Royal to Granny's house.
Daniel and Anabella both got easels. One side is a chalkboard and the other is dry erase, perfect for magnets!
Granny's house for breakfast is the place to be on Sunday morning, 52 weeks a year, and Christmas morning breakfast is not to be missed. Daniel said yum, yum to the ham!
Since we wouldn't be going to Mom and Dad's in the afternoon as we usually do, Aunt Cindy came to Granny's to visit and to give Daniel and Anabella their Christmas presents. Anabella liked Aunt Cindy reading her new book to her, and she was especially fascinated with the bells around Aunt Cindy's neck.
Here we are trying to get some family shots. Notice I said trying. That belly button belongs to Daniel. Not sure where Anabella is. Or Ryan? Cliff? Steve? Well, we have the four core- Mom, Dad, Allie and I. That's something!
Here's Ryan and Cliff...cool boys that they are.
Around 1pm, we loaded the babies back in the car and drove south three hours to the Credles. It was a nice drive as the babies slept most of the way.
I wish I could have recorded Anabella's reaction to the dogs. Forget the baby doll, forget the stocking stuffers, the doctor kit, the books, all Anabella wanted for Christmas was her two dogs. Her expression when she got out of the car and let Solomon jump on her lap was one I will never forget. Her face was as lit up as the Credles Christmas tree shining through the window.
Following the reunion with our pups, and a nice Christmas dinner with the Credles, we settled in to open some gifts. Daniel and Anabella had already opened our "family" gift from the Credles when they visited us in early December.
| An iPad! |
Here are Daniel and Anabella with Grandpa Credle in July on the iPad. They love the iPad. Even back in July, they knew how to say iPad and could even help Pa Pa find it if he forgot where he left it. They love looking at pictures, they love watching youtube, and now that they are getting older, they are starting to enjoy interactive games. The nice thing about the iPad is that there's a touch screen, so they can move things around with their fingers. Another nice thing about the iPad is that we can do "facetime" with anyone else who has an iPad. So, Anabella and Daniel get to see Grandma and Grandpa even when they are in Florida!
Anabella loves shoes, so she couldn't wait to put on her Clarice slippers!
Here is Pa Pa opening his 2012 calendar!
And, here is Anabella wrapping herself in ribbon. I think she remembered Mom doing that at our house a few days earlier. Maw said Anabella was her Christmas present, so she was wrapping her in ribbon! I think I agree. Anabella and Daniel are Christmas presents for us all!!

No comments:
Post a Comment