Thursday, August 9, 2012

Our July....

Like May, July seemed to slip by before I had a chance to blog. So, like May, here goes one long post with a month's worth of memories.

While I mostly blog of Daniel and Anabella's adventures, I had two of my own this month! For Chip's birthday, I got him a one night stay at the Sandaway Bed & Breakfast on the Eastern Shore in Oxford, MD.  The Credles stayed with the twins, and we enjoyed some quality time and much needed R & R.

We didn't take our camera, but we did manage to capture a few pictures on our phone of the amazing sunset. We have seen many gorgeous sunsets in our years together (Hawaii, Key West, Caribbean, etc.), but the peace and quiet surrounding this one made it all the more beautiful!







A few weeks later, I took another vacation (again without the twins). This time I went to Atlantic City with Mom, Granny, Allie, Ryan and Hayden. The original plan included Daniel and Anabella, but since they had so much fun with the Credles a few weeks before, I figured they'd have just as much fun enjoying a homecation with PaPa and MaMa. This figuring was somewhat selfish on my part as well, as I figured I would have more of a vacation without them. Win/Win for all! Everyone had a great vacation!!













July flew by about as fast as my babies are growing up- and that's way TOO FAST!!! We said bye-bye to the highchairs this month and hello to booster seats! I don't have pictures of this monumental event (shocking, I know), but I do have this video from June when they were still in their highchairs. It's actually pretty funny to watch; Anabella is really testing her limits with the juice. It's also one of the last times they've worn bibs. I suppose bibs and high chairs go hand in hand because once we said goodbye to the highchairs, the bibs seemed to have fallen by the wayside as well!  (though unlike the highchairs, they could still benefit from bibs!)




We also separated them into their own rooms this month. Again, no pictures, but here's a funny video of them playing in the "playroom," which has now been transformed into Daniel's bedroom. Anabella moved her room to what was the guest room and the guest room is now their old room. Do you understand now why blogging has fallen by the wayside? Anyway, this video is cute because if you listen closely (and understand "toddler speak") you will hear Anabella's rendition of the ABCs.





Their attention spans for sitting still and playing for longer periods at a time have increased this month (as well as their make believe play), and Play Doh is a favorite! I love that this starts as a quiet sitting at the table activity and ends with them running around throwing play doh balls (and both ignore my suggestions for clean up)!



Writing is another activity that has become a favorite this month. Crayons were fun at first, but then markers took over, followed by pencils and pens, and now that they have their own small notebooks, they are happy with any instrument that makes marks (though whatever Mommy and Daddy uses is always best). Needless to say, it has been hard to keep this fun activity to the table. Anabella likes to carry her writing instruments in her purse. One day she decided to try out the pencil on the wall going up the staircase. When I found her and asked, "What is this?" she replied, "I wrote my name."



At the end of July, we returned to Busch Gardens. This was our third trip, and we still keep discovering new fun things to do! This time we tried a new water park and watched two shows- one Sesame Street show, which was outdoors at the water park, and one in Ireland, which was in an air conditioned theatre.

































No comments:

Post a Comment