Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Visit with MaMa and PaPa

The week before Thanksgiving, Anabella and Daniel spent a few days at MaMa and PaPa's house.  They offered this trip as a way for me to have some time to get the house ready for Christmas- are they the ideal in laws, or what? Though I didn't get to decorating, I did get some much needed cleaning and organizing accomplished, which made decorating the following week much easier.

The Credles decorate for Christmas right after Halloween, so Daniel and Anabella were welcomed into a home already filled with lots of Christmas cheer! Last year MaMa got Anabella and Daniel their own tree; here they are decorating it!




I love Daniel's expression in this picture- as if he's looking for just the right spot!







A visit to MaMa and PaPa's would not be complete without a breakfast smoothie (or PaPa's shake as they call it at home).







Here they are at the Virginia Living Museum.












These next pictures are from one of their trips to the mall.





A walk in the rain:



Visit to a local farm:








According to the Credles, Daniel was more interested in finding sticks and leaves (and rocks) than looking at animals. Above is his prize stick; below, the leaves:



At home, they had a great time with moon sand (I think that's what it was).  Apparently, it made such a mess (crumpled everywhere) that PaPa had to vacuum Daniel's shirt! They still get a kick out of this, mentioning it frequently (I have not given in to their requests that I follow suit! haha). The next day MaMa bought some PlayDoh.  :)  


PaPa read them Santa Claus is Coming to Town and then sent it home as a recordable book so they can enjoy it throughout the season! 

Thank you, PaPa and MaMa, for taking such good care of "the sweetest grandchildren in this world" (what PaPa calls them) and for a wonderful trip filled with lots of good memories and plenty more to come!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment