Friday, November 30, 2012

Thanksgiving

This was our third Thanksgiving as a family of four (or six if you count Sol and Hecious- a.k.a. Shilee).    We rotate where we spend Thanksgiving; the first and this year's were spent with the Credles.  The twins were sick their first Thanksgiving, and so our visit was cut short.  Last year, Daniel had a fever at Mom and Dad's, so that day was cut short, too.  Needless to say, we haven't had the best of luck health wise with Thanksgivings.

Until this year!

Hurray for our first Healthy Thanksgiving!

We arrived at the Credles Wednesday night, and Anabella and Daniel couldn't wait to open their "goodies".




They each got a winter dish set along with a Hallmark Countdown to Christmas book with punch-out ornaments to put on the tree for each day in December.

The Credle's Christmas tree- so pretty!!

On Thanksgiving Day, Chip and his Dad took a walk to the square with the twins while LaRue and I stayed back to cook (ahem, plan our Black Friday shopping!).







Daniel managed to find a few sticks...


A little boy and his sticks.
Doesn't  get any simpler (or cuter!) than that.
Later that morning, we went back outside. What started as tricycle riding ended as a game of catch (not the kind with balls).




Catch me, Daddy, catch me!!!

I think this looks like it should be a postcard.






Look what Mommy caught!
(notice the stick....I mean fishing pole)

We had a nice Thanksgiving dinner; and then while the babies took a nap, Chip and I saw Lincoln at the theatre.  Terrific movie- best I've seen this year! It is the only movie I've seen this year so that doesn't say much- best I've seen in years (plural)! Sure to win many awards.  I've always loved Tommy Lee Jones. And who doesn't love Sally Field? (I could have seen the Simpsons and still been thrilled to be at a theatre, but it was a great movie- do see it if you haven't already.) 


I don't know about you, but I'm pooped!

We left the Credles Friday night and spent Saturday at home decorating (tree #2).  On Sunday, after church we went to Front Royal and had a second Thanksgiving dinner at Mom and Dad's with Allie, the boys, Granny and Granddad Bull.

We have so much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving; and not a day goes by that I don't thank God for the many blessings in my life!!

If you are reading this, you are one of them!



No comments:

Post a Comment