Mom stayed home with Anabella and Daniel. It was the first time they'd been home without Mommy or Daddy since we brought them home in Early March. They did just fine, and Mom couldn't have been happier! She makes it look easy, doesn't she?
His dry erase board was sparsely decorated with pictures of the kids and some Steelers magnets I got him for Christmas.
And, there were plenty of frames filled with his pride(s) and joy(s)! Anyone coming into his office would surely recognize two things:
1.) Family man!
2.) Steelers fan!
Although Cliff was trained to be an administrator, he heeded the advice of some friends and coworkers and stayed in the classroom while adjusting to his first year as a new dad. Looking back now, boy, are we glad he did! We were already learning to adapt to a new lifestyle with twin infants, and then with our move to Gainesville a few months later, it was definitely a smart move that he put his career on hold for a year.
Leaving Liberty M.S., where we met and he'd taught for close to a decade, was bittersweet, but he was prepared for the next step in his career and excited for a new challenge.
And that brings us to the subject of this post- Daddy's workshop, a.k.a. Greenbriar West Elementary School, Cliff's new school where he's an Assistant Principal and where Daniel, Anabella and I joined him a few weeks ago on one of the nights he had to stay late for a PTA meeting.
As we pulled into the parking lot, I announced that we were at Daddy's school- said something to the effect of, "This is where Daddy works."
"Daddy's workshop!" Anabella beamed.
"Daniel, we are going to Daddy's workshop!"
They liked seeing all the pandas in Daddy's office. Someone at his school made sure his office was decorated with their panda mascot and a huge welcome banner before he moved in. It was reassuring to see that his colleagues were already looking out for him! You know how those elementary teachers love to decorate; I was worried I was going to walk into a bare room and feel bad that it had taken me so long to get there (he started in October). No worries. I could tell he was being well taken care of. :)
His dry erase board was sparsely decorated with pictures of the kids and some Steelers magnets I got him for Christmas.
And, there were plenty of frames filled with his pride(s) and joy(s)! Anyone coming into his office would surely recognize two things:
1.) Family man!
2.) Steelers fan!
| I brought along some command hooks to hang this artwork I framed him for Christmas. |
| The office was mostly organized (the exception being this desk). :) |
Daniel and Anabella had a great time exploring the school. They loved the gym the most, and they also enjoyed viewing the student artwork lining the hallways. They even spotted Mo Willem's pigeon, a beloved character from one of our favorite books, Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus!
| Happy to pose with her Daddy outside his "workshop" |
| Who me? This cool dude was not interested in having his picture made with Daddy, but he did pause outside for a minute while I managed this picture. |
| Yay, off to McDonalds! Good luck to the elementary teacher who gets this little booger one day! Let's hope Daddy is at THAT school!!! |
Too funny that Anabella called it his workshop.
ReplyDeleteI want to go check-out that book. It sounds like a good one.