Anabella is a "girly" girl! She loves to "dress up" for all occasions, including the every day- she doesn't mind tights, loves leggings, and even likes dress shoes! For the longest time, she would always pick this pretty frilly dress (the one she wore for Christmas) every time I let her pick her clothes. She has a little pair of hot pink patent leather Baby Gap shoes that she would wear every day if I let her! She loves trying on her dress up beads and MUST always wear a hair bow. She likes her dolls just as much as her purses and, of course, loves all things PINK.
She even likes getting her hair cut!
And, of course, she LOVES to SHOP!
(ha- that last one may be a bit of an exaggeration- the shopping will come later- but she does love to run errands!). No kidding- even if it's to Dominos to pick up a pizza, she wants to go!
Now, I have no idea where she gets this.
But, she does enjoy watching me do my morning and evening routine in the bathroom- in the morning, she enjoys a little spray of my Bath & Body Works vanilla spray on her wrist, and in the evening, she likes to put a little Noxema on her face. The other night after I let her dip her hand into my Noxema, she ran to her bathroom and was splashing water on her face just like I do.
So, while I have no idea where she gets this "girliness" (wink wink), I try to soak it up every day (especially that she allows me to dress her in cute dresses and tights- from what I hear, this compliance goes away when girls start grade school).
Granny bought Anabella some nail polish and lip gloss that came together in a cute little (pink!) purse a few months ago when we were out holiday shopping. Ever since then, it's been sitting on her dresser and every once in a while she sees it and asks me to paint her nails. I think she's a little young to have painted nails, so I put it off as long as I could.
Until....
Well, here are some pictures of her first at home mani/pedi.
Now, while you can't tell it from these pictures, she was very excited about her painted toes and fingernails.
So excited that later that day, while at a friend from preschool's "princess" party, she wanted to make sure everyone knew-"Look at my nails," she announced to Rapunzel as she proudly flashed her little fingers in her face. She went on to say, "Mommy did it." Meanwhile, another little girl (with painted nails) joined in, "My nails have paint too" (as she held up her hand) And, another turned to her Mommy and piped in, "Mommy, I want paint on my nails."
Five little 2 and 3-year old princesses sitting on the floor with Rapunzel talking about their nails! Priceless!
Rapunzel painted TWO butterflies on Anabella's cheeks, one on each cheek (probably because Anabella had painted nails and she knew she was high maintenance- heehee)!
The birthday party was a blast- so cute to watch Anabella interact with her little school friends, playing games and prancing around in her fairy costume. As we were leaving and saying our good-byes, she did not like that her little friend hadn't opened her gift. She insisted on taking it from the gift table to give it to her. It was sweet.
I didn't have my camera, but I did get a phone picture of her with her first little school friend, Finley.


Dave says I can't paint Hadley's nails until she stops chewing on her hands lol - not that I plan to any time soon. I hope Hadley loves dresses and girlie things as she gets older. It is so fun to dress them up pretty.
ReplyDelete