Monday, May 20, 2013

Mother's Day

While I was happy to have a weekend away, I was sad that it was at the expense of spending most of Mother's Day in the car and not getting to spend it with my own Mom. I did get to hug LaRue, my sweet and very thoughtful mother-in-law, but even that was hurried as we were in a parking lot exchanging vehicles and making sure that our 4 kids- 2 two-legged and 2 four-legged,  had a chance to stretch their legs, get some water and potty before loading back to the car for our trip home.

But, if there's one thing that makes up for spending a long day in the car, it's hugging my favorite little people and hearing their sweet voices tell me all about their weekend away on our drive back home.

While Chip and I enjoyed some silence on the way to PA, in between our chats which always make road trips memorable, even with the radio playing softly in the background, after two days without little voices, we were both pretty (ok very) anxious to get them back! Just like the house when they are away, the car was just too quiet!

We arrived back home around 7pm, and the kids (notice I have switched from "babies" to "kids" but they are still and forever my babies!) couldn't wait to give me my Mother's Day cards.  I'd been hearing about them (3 year olds have a hard time making things and not telling about them- Anabella told me she made me a card but it was secret). So,  I knew I was getting cards (in fact, I was wondering how many I must be getting as I knew they made one at school, one at the fitness center, and then another at home), but I didn't know what they looked like- so they were "secret" and I was especially surprised and especially joyful to receive them- sweet little cards made by my favorite little people- between opening them and holding and kissing my sweet children, I know I was the happiest mother on Preakness Place!



The cards were especially sweet and characteristically Daniel and Anabella. :)

Dan's card was blue with beautiful markings and his hand traced on the front.

I love the stickers he picked.

I can tell he worked hard on this,
as his work usually doesn't contain so many markings.
Thank you, Daniel!
I love my card.
Anabella's card was pink with her colorful hand traced on front.
I like the way she "painted" her fingers each a different color.

I like her choice of stickers, as well.

I'm pretty sure this says:
"Dear Mommy
I love you
Happy Mother's Day"

Thank you, Anabella!
I love my card. 
Here are the cards they made at the fitness center (Anabella added stickers to hers when she got home):



I was sad to miss the Mother's Day tea at their preschool, which was scheduled for the Friday we left for the wedding.  They were performing two songs, "I'm a Little Teapot" and "You Are My Sunshine." I was fortunate enough to get private performances in the comfort of our own home, and I can't wait to record it as they are priceless, and I want to remember them forever and ever!

Here are the placemats they made at Daytime Playtime:




THey made cards at school, too, but I must have missed taking pictures of them.

Here's the nice frame Daddy got me.  I love the pictures he picked for it- characteristically Daniel (with his sly little grin) and Anabella (with her happy cheesy one).


I sure am one lucky mama!!


No comments:

Post a Comment