Thursday, October 31, 2013

Halloween Week: Day 1- Granny's House

Love Halloween!

Love it!  

Too much fun to reserve for one day, that's for sure.  That's why I was thrilled when I got the email last week from Daytime Playtime stating that costumes were welcome all week!! Three days worth of costumes- woohoo! 

Good thing Daniel and Anabella have like six each. Seriously. For kids who love dress up, and a mama who shops consignment and yard sales, they are well stocked when it comes to Halloween costumes.  And, since their minds change daily with regards to what they want to be, lucky for them, they have plenty of choice.  Here's a sampling of what this year's line-up looks like:

Dan:  2 Buzz Lightyears (one with wings!)
Fireman (my personal favorite)
Spiderman
Batman
(Ninja alien, Super Mario- not pictured)

Wishful thinking....can't they both be bumblebees...wouldn't that be so cute?

Anabella: 2 pink "princess" dresses
Dorothy dress w/ruby slippers and basket (my favorite)
Pink leotard with frilly pink princess skirts (her favorite- minus the skirts- she likes to wear just the leotard)
Lots of pink (can you tell her favorite color?) shoes, purses and wands....and a pretty pink shawl

2 Cinderella dresses with matching shoes and purse
Fancy faux fur coat (to accompany any of the princess style dresses)

Ridiculous, isn't it?

We missed the Bridlewood Halloween parade AND Daytime Playtime's Fall Festival last Friday evening, but we still have four days of dress up for Halloween week.

We started Monday at Granny's.  I was so bummed when Anabella woke up with a fever. We went anyway, and she ended up feeling better by mid-morning. She has a cold and does tend to run a fever during the early stages.  But, unfortunately, we missed out on seeing Caleb and Hadley in their costumes- and meeting their newest sibling, Reid, for the first time! We were disappointed but don't want to share germs with our newest cousin just yet.

Here they are in their Day 1 costumes:





Daniel had no trouble choosing his Day 1 costume.  Anabella and I, on the other hand, had different ideas as to what she should wear.  Because she had a fever and was already warm anyway, I gave in to her request to wear the little leotard ballet one piece she wore to her party at Little Gym.  While I hope she'll wear one of the pretty dresses I bought her at consignment later in the week, for the sake of time (and my sanity), I let her choose for Halloween at Granny's. I did put my foot down and make her wear the skirt.  If she had her way, she'd have worn the leotard and leggings only (oh, and of course, the hair piece, which she loved).

Just as soon as we got to Granny's, off came the skirt, socks and shoes.
I wish I had more pictures of them opening their Halloween goodies from Granny; seems this is the only one I have....I think I was too busy helping them open stuff!

After lunch, my plan was to head home so Anabella could nap in her own bed. Didn't happen. Instead, we went out and played in the leaves.

They wanted to take bags so they could gather leaves.
























Daniel found this stick to remove the acorn shells the squirrels left on the swing set.
Those pesky squirrels!
 





Then, we played a little hide and seek.
Fun first day for Halloween week!

1 comment: