Friday, January 10, 2014

More December

Still wrapping up December:

This first event is not Christmas related, I just never posted it because, well, it was a bit of a nightmare.  Dan wasn't feeling well, it was a bitter cold Thursday night, but since I already had the tickets, we went to the Patriot Center for it anyway- Sesame Street, LIVE. I thought they'd love it, but it was slightly overrated. Not sure I even loved it. We were seated really far up and could barely see a thing. After having high-fived and taken their pictures with Elmo, Abby and Cookie Monster this past summer at Busch Gardens, Dan kept asking why we were so far away- he kept requesting to go down, which I totally understood. I think if we had been closer, and they could have seen the characters on stage, they would have enjoyed it more.

Once we took Ryan to see the Harlem Globetrotters at the Patriot Center (he was a little older- 5 years old maybe), where we had great seats, and he loved it. I guess I was hoping we'd have a similar experience.

Thank goodness for popcorn.  That occupied them for the first half.  We left shortly after the second half. Plenty of parents left at intermission, and while we considered it, we decided to stick it out and see if the second half was better. 

It wasn't.

Oh well, live and learn.  And, in the meantime, I'll skip the Groupons (I bought these tickets as a Groupon back in the summer- 7pm kids' show in December- there's a reason they offered it as a Groupon.)

Alas, here are the few pictures we captured from the event (it wasn't all bad):

Dan likes Grover and Cookie Monster best.
Can you tell the little guy wasn't 100%?

Anabella's favorite is Abby (of course!).



This is how far back we were. 
Here's another non-Christmas picture, the last one from December (non Christmasy). I just may get the December posts finished before February after all.
I think I mentioned already how much Dan loved this table. I thought this was so funny- he stacked up these sticks, which he said was a bridge.  Then he found some string which he wrapped around the track and said that Spiderman "spinned" his web on the bridge. Nothing like watching a 3 year old pretend play (better than Sesame Street Live).   
 The Thursday before Christmas, we did our gift exchange with S and S:




 
Four kids and only one set of hands to work scissors. I'm lucky to have any pictures at all from this event.

After Christmas:

Gotta love those days after Christmas.  All the hustle and bustle is over, and it's time to sit back and just watch the kids enjoy their toys.  Love it.





The box is back! Two of them!
Remember the box from last year? You can read about it here: Not "Just" a Box

Dan made this "D"

All those new toys, and they're writing on a box. 








Love this picture. 
 Gift exchange with Beth & Sara:

They love the Trunkis! Suitcases that roll (you can even roll on them). They love to stuff them and pretend to go on trips. They've been to Florida at least a half a dozen times.  They've also been on more than one camping trip. 

Dan loved his silly gifts- these fake teeth! Ewwwww....




Somebody knows who loves dress up!


The Saturday after Christmas Mom and Dad hosted Dad's extended family (Dad's Aunt Bo and cousins) at their house.  They also did Christmas Eve for Mom's family and Christmas Day dinner for us, Granddaddy Bull, my Uncle Donald, his family and my Aunt Cindy. Between them and the Credles, who hosted a group of friends for dinner nearly every weekend in December, I am tired just thinking about it.






Ryan and Hayden tried their new scooters.
I wish I would have thought to bring D and A's new bikes.





Aunt Bo is my Grandma Bull's sister. Her name is AnnaBelle. :)
Ever since I was little, I loved that name.  

This is Ashley, Aunt Bo's only granddaughter.  She and her husband are expecting their first baby this spring.  

Do you love my candid pictures?


 Well, that wraps up December.....sort of.  The Credles visited on the 30th, so I still have one more posting.  Maybe two.  Ok, three at most if I include Christmas card pictures.



1 comment:

  1. Aww...I wish you all could have been closer. Seems kind of unfair to sell tickets that far back.

    You all had lots of "Christmas days" just like us.

    ReplyDelete