Tuesday, June 3, 2014

More Mother's Day

Nothing like a little spring weather to get me off track with my blogging! Allie was at our house over the weekend flipping the calendar on the fridge to JUNE and taking down birthday party invitations from MAY.

Seriously.....it's June already?!

You know what's coming....yep, that month long wrap-up post with like 100+ pictures of all our "Miscellaneous May." Hey, I'm pretty sure I've used that title before. What is it with May that gets me off track? Must be all that beautiful sunshine!

I have uploaded all of May's pictures, so that wrap-up post will be comin' soon; but, before I get to that, I need to finish up Mother's Day!

The Thursday before Mother's Day, I got sweet little invitations from my two cuties for a Mother's Day tea in their classrooms.

Only, it was at the same time.
And, on the same day.
Two of them, but only one of me.
Oh my.
Talk about wishing for a superpower!

After some discussion with the teachers (apparently this is not such an unusual occurrence as many parents have kids in separate classes), I had it all planned out.  I'd start in Dan's class since his class was doing their "performance" first.  Then, when they went to get snacks, I'd slip into Anabella's room for their "performance."

I was a little worried how it would all work out even having gone over the plan multiple times with the kids beforehand.

When I arrived I peeked into Anabella's class to say hello and remind her I'd be next door and would join her soon. "Ok, Mommy."

Kiss, kiss, hug, hug, and off to Dan's class, where I was warmly welcomed with another hug and then some chatting with the other moms while we waited for everyone to arrive. There was one little girl whose Mommy never arrived, and before we eventually decided to start without her, I had to pop back into Anabella's class to see if she wanted to join us. This little girl, the only one without a mother present, was tearing up and I was just imagining that next door my little girl might be doing the same thing!

Nope. She was fine. No tears, and not only that, she did not want to come next door with me to Dan's class.  But, I had to ask! I was so afraid she was over there crying, the only one without a mom present.  Meanwhile, when I explained to Daniel what I was doing (he knew his friend Emma was sad- he actually went over to her trying to talk to her to make her feel better), I asked if he wanted to come with me to check on Anabella to see if she wanted to join us, but yet again, I was turned down. Nope, he wanted to stay in his class.  Since when did I become second best to preschool friends and teachers?!!

Actually, I have to admit I was pretty pleased. Grateful they were doing so well sharing me (as if they don't do it all the time), and so happy that my prayer for a smooth day was being answered.

Until, of course, Dan's class went to the food room, and he decided he wanted Mommy after all. Ms. Gretchen brought him, quite teary eyed, to me in Anabella's class.  Fortunately, her class had finished their cute little song and dance, and Anabella was completely content with me leaving again. And, no, she did not want to come with us.

So....I took Dan to get treats with his class, and then sat with him for a while in his class, enjoying more snacks (Anabella and her teacher fixed me a plate when her class got food when I was in Dan's class earlier).  Then, the two of us ventured back to Anabella's class where we ate (again) and chatted some more.  It was only 45 minutes, though to hear me tell it, you'd think it was longer. It started at 11:15am and ended at their normal time- 12pm.  The "graduation" celebration is the same set up- I'm hoping that one goes as smoothly!





Dan's class did their regular Circle Time routine for us (days of week, weather, etc), then performed a cute little song that involved lots of movement (and listening skills). So cute! I was impressed with how well they all listened and followed along, including my cute little one in the back standing beside his favorite buddy, Cole (who looks like he's 6 years old- Daniel is tall for his age, but this kid even towers over him). 

Anabella's class did the same sort of activity- the Circle Time routine and then a song- their song was Mother's Day themed- an I Love You song.  So sweet! Do you see where Anabella is standing in this line up? Right between....yes, boys!! She talks more about the boys in her class  than she does the girls. "I'm really going to miss Evan," (boy in red shirt) she tells me as we talk about the end of the year approaching. She loves Evan. And Max (the boy in the gray shirt). Is it because she has a twin brother and is used to playing with a boy, or is this a predictor of what's to come? I don't even want to think about it! 
I love this flower pot, hand painted by Daniel.
Makes me smile every day! 


Also from my sweet boy

And.... this cool flower- it blows in the wind!

Hand painted by Anabella Rose




This little poem that Anabella filled in made me cry. I am as a pretty as a "tooth fairy." She loves it most when I cook "mashed potatoes." My favorite hobby is to "go shopping," and I look funny when I "fall asleep." She would not trade me for "a baby doll," and if she had her wish....we would "go to Dunkin' Donuts every day!"  (yep, that's my girl!) 


Stay tuned....rest of May before end of June (promise!).














1 comment:

  1. One of the things I look forward to with Caleb starting preschool are these types of crafts coming home. How sweet!

    ReplyDelete