Sunday, November 2, 2014

October: Jack-o-lanterns

The weekend before Halloween, we had a nice Sunday afternoon meal at Mom and Dad's and the four cousins made jack-o-lanterns.




This is one of my favorite views on the way to Mom & Dad's house.

Everything was so pretty....these pictures were taken from the van, believe it or not!



Aunt Allie got this for Anabella last year for Christmas.
Can you tell how she feels about it?


Spoooooooo-ky! 

Before dinner, we did all the prep work so that after dinner we could carve.

Ryan's face says it all.....

In this picture, Granny's face says it all.....

I was a little surprised that Miss Priss did as well scooping out that gunk as she did. Soon, she ditched the spoon and went in with her fingers just like the boys.





Go, Dan! 



Go, Allie!
Do you think I helped with this project?
(um, don't think so)

















It was a good idea of Allie's to put this big bowl in the middle for all the seeds. 




Love this picture!



Beautiful fall foliage!
Nothing prettier than the Shenandoah Valley in October.






Love this picture!!
I won't tell you how Aunt Allie got them to smile like that, but I'm pretty sure if you know her well enough, you might be able to guess. 

















Nice job, Ryan Scott Wetzel! 

Hayden's jack-o-lantern was multi-faceted, it had eyes and mouths all the way around.
Anabella asked Granddaddy to help her. Said she wanted him to make a cat.
She gave him lots of encouragement telling him what a great job he was doing, then instructing him to add whiskers, etc. It was pretty funny. 



















I was a bit reluctant to let Daniel use that carver, but he had such a good time and held it very safely. 





Yay! Good job, Granddaddy.

Ok, maybe one more whisker, please.



I can't believe Sophie forgot her Halloween costume! 



Anabella and Maw enjoyed having a tea party with my old porcelain dolls.




Fun day! Hopefully the beginning of a new fall tradition. (Clean up is so much easier at someone else's house....heeeheee). Food always tastes better there, too.

1 comment:

  1. I think Reid wore the same shirt Anabella has on for our pumpkin carving. I know Granny had fun watching all of this.

    ReplyDelete