Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Back to the WARF

It's been almost a year since we visited the indoor pool in Warrenton known as the "WARF" and surely one of the kids' favorite places due to their love of water. We went to the park a few times this summer, but hadn't been to the pool since last April for Caleb and Hadley's birthday party.

Before that, it was March 2013 with Ryan and Hayden. Oh, how I love that this blog keeps me in check with dates!

To say that Daniel and Anabella were excited to return is an understatement. They were so excited they could barely eat lunch! Dan commented on the way that he was "nervous". He's beginning to understand that feeling you get in your belly when you're excited/nervous about doing something you haven't done in a while.

I had parent conferences at their school that morning, so it was around noon by the time we arrived.

Whatever "nervousness," which I think was more excitement than nervousness (but I love that he's identifying his feelings), quickly faded as they hit that water running!

I didn't get a lot of pictures as I only had my phone, and those I did were blurry, but you can tell we all had a good time.

I do love that Lindsay's kids and mine get along so well and that they have so many fun opportunities to  make memories together.

Warms my heart, warms my heart.



Hey, where'd he go?!











Reid was so cute on the slide. He'd sit at the top and kinda "kick off" to make his way down. Here's a little video I got of him.









Love the "love" here! 




Love those big grins!


And yay that Granny joined us too! After getting her hair done the day before (not that she probably would have gotten in otherwise), she didn't get in the water, but we were glad to have her there anyway. Especially when the kids needed a break. Anabella wasn't quite herself that afternoon as she tired out quickly and sat out a few times. The next afternoon she started with a fever and ended up with a strep diagnosis two days later, so I think she may have been getting sick. She still had lots of fun though.

Fun times, fun times!

What will we do next?!

No comments:

Post a Comment