Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Happy 5th Birthday!

Anabella and Daniel celebrated their 5th birthday on Friday. I made cupcakes for them to take to school. Anabella wanted Frozen rings in hers, but since we were afraid that they would get too messy in the icing, she decided to take them and pass them out to her friends during her "show and share" instead. For her show & share that day, she took the Melissa & Doug wooden heart keepsake box she got and painted/decorated for Christmas, so they fit perfectly.

Here's her Frozen themed cupcakes:


She wanted to wear her Frozen costume, but I convinced her to wear this Elsa dress instead. She was so proud of the Happy Birthday crown she got from Little Lambs.


That afternoon our babysitter came over bearing presents and these beautiful cookies! 


Daniel loved the Captain America motorcycle Miss Catherine got him and didn't put it down all night.
Anabella got a Frozen purse, which she personalized by using fabric markers and stick on gems.

We sure do love Miss Catherine!

After a little "pre-birthday" fun on Thursday, they were super excited Friday morning when they woke up knowing they were turning 5 years old!!

First thing Anabella said when she woke up, "I'm five years old today!"

Here they are at breakfast:



Love that Dan Credle smirk!


Daniel's Spiderman cupcakes for school...with spinning tops.


Friday was P day, which meant pizza and pajamas! What a fun way to celebrate a birthday!

Daniel laid out his Spiderman pjs the night before but woke up wanting to wear his favorite Wiggles shirt, which he does sometimes sleep in. Given that it was his birthday and that I never like to deny their independence unless it's really necessary, he wore his Wiggles shirt....though I did think it was a little silly looking, especially since it's a concert shirt from 2004 and he wasn't even born yet! The irony! ha! He knew to put a long sleeve shirt under it. How could I say no to that? 

They were excited to see that they had gifts (I wrapped the night before), so I let them open their gifts to one another that morning before school.


I wasn't really thrilled with Anabella's choice of PJ either. She has so many cute, snuggly pj sets, and she wanted to wear her Minnie gown (which was full of static) and leggings. Sigh. 

I helped with these purchases, but they were both with me when I made the "suggestion" at Target. A Captain America shirt for Daniel and a new "workout" outfit for Anabella, since she can hardly fit into her old one and loves it so much.  

MawMaw brought her gifts up at Christmastime so that she wouldn't have to carry them on the plane. She does the same for Valentine's Day and Easter- talk about planning ahead! She even has a box for them labeled "For Disney." 

They were both happy! Daniel laid his shirt out so that he could change into it after school. I might have suggested he go ahead and wear it to school that morning but not a chance. Purple Wiggles 2004 concert shirt it was! 

I had to pick the Credles up at Metro that morning, so we surprised the kids and picked them up a few minutes early from school. It was cute to see the kids in Dan's classroom eating pizza and Daniel's b-day cupcakes in their pjs! And, I think it's so cute that he's sitting beside his two best friends, both of whom came to his party the next day. Love those early friends! The ones they make themselves. :) I couldn't have picked them better myself. Nice kids. Nice Mommas. LOVE it! 




xoxoxo

I had everything pretty much ready for the parties the next day except for the Olaf , which I saved for PaPa knowing that he was a good artist. And, sure enough, he made a much better Olaf than I ever would have. Anabella was there for support. She's quite the encourager! 

Anabella fell and hit her cheek on the side of this table where she's sitting just before it was time to leave for ballet. She did have a bit of a swollen cheek, and it must have hurt pretty bad because she cried and cried and didn't even want to go to ballet.  Fortunately, it didn't bruise and it was only rosy and cute for her party the next day. She's like her mommy and gets her rosy cheeks honest anyway so I don't think anyone even noticed that it was a bump. :)

Not going to ballet actually worked out better anyway because we got to have dinner earlier. Once Daddy got home, we all headed out to "Ruby Tuesday Friday."

After filling our tummies with steak and potatoes, we returned home to open presents!


MawMaw and PaPa got Daniel a construction building set and Anabella a Sophia art set and fairy pop up book. They are also picking up our Disney tickets for Florida next month! Woohoo, can hardly wait for Spring Break! 



From us, they both got new pjs. Anabella got a Hello Kitty gown (gowns are her favorite these days) and Daniel got a flannel Captain America pj set. Hello! If only I'd have used my noggin earlier that morning, I might have been able to avoid that Wiggles t-shirt after all. ha! It was so cute when he opened them- he asked if I would wash them so that he could wear them tomorrow- knowing that I never like him to wear anything (especially pjs) without washing them first.

Daniel's big gift and the one he was most excited over was a new Captain America costume. With shield. I had to order the shield separately. But really how can Captain America really not have a shield? That would be like a Buzz Lightyear costume with no wings! He got a Captain America costume for Christmas but the material they make these costumes from is so cheap that it had several runs in it by the end of the day. Believe it or not, this new costume has held up pretty well (three days now), but the mask, well that didn't make it through the party the next day. Nope. The lining started coming out of it. Unbelievable. 

I think it's so cute that they both put on the birthday crowns they got from school to open gifts. 







I cannot tell you how glad I was that this fit, knowing that he wanted it for his party the next day. I ordered a size 4-6, which I thought would be the perfect fit, but when I wrapped it the night before I noticed it said size 4-6, fits ages 3-4. Now a 3-4 would not fit this big boy. But fortunately it wasn't. It fit perfectly....and he was the cutest Captain America I ever did see!

And he loved the shield!


Beth sent their birthday presents from Amazon, and they arrived on Friday. They were so excited to open them and even more so when they saw how cool they were! Sara picked them out, and let me tell you, she did an amazing job! Coolest gifts ever! Anabella has played with her school set every day since she's gotten it. And Daniel's favorite so far is his voice changing megaphone!  We were sad they couldn't celebrate with us at the parties on Saturday, but both Will and Sara had their last b-ball games of the season. 


Anabella's big gift from us was this Melissa & Doug cupcake set. She served us all beautiful cupcakes that evening.....in her new workout outfit, which she had changed into earlier that afternoon for ballet.  Who knew how great this gift would be to go with something Granny got her the next day- a waitress outfit! 



Happy 5th birthday, Daniel and Anabella!! We love you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment