Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Our Two February Snows

Besides that snow teaser in January, we've gotten two more pretty decent snowstorms this season, both this past week. Early in the week we got a storm that gave us about 4 inches or so, enough for sledding and for Daddy to get a couple days off work, but it was too fluffy/dry for building a snowman.

Solomon loves snow days!

What better to do on a snow day than to go to a diner for breakfast?! 

Then return home for some sledding!


Definitely a thrill seeker!

Much more conservative....does not like big hills or to go very fast.


Solomon frolicked around like a puppy!

This is more Anabella's style of sledding- to be pulled around rather than to actually "sled" down a hill.  Spoiled girl- look at Daddy pulling her around like a baby.



See how she tries to stop herself from going too fast with her foot. 

Meanwhile, Daniel likes to fly down as fast as possible; if he twirls or ends up backwards, all the better!

Daniel and our neighbor Aiden had a good time sledding together; while we don't have any good sledding spots at our house, fortunately our neighbor has a great hill on the side of their yard.


Go, Dan!

Anabella did let loose a little when she went down with me a few times, but then again I don't like to go too fast myself. 







The snow was so dry, Anabella slipped and had trouble getting back up the hill.



When you get tired of sledding, just fuel up with some snow! ha!


Februrary snow storm means no outdoor (or indoor for that matter) Frostys hanging out by the house. And this snowstorm was definitely not good for making a snowman, that's for sure.




A few days after that 4 inch storm, we got a little bigger storm producing about 7 inches or so, and because it ended as a little sleet and the temperature warmed a bit, it was good snowball snow. And, you know what that means.....


Time to build a snowman!! 
Daniel wanted to build his own and did a really good job, I must say.

Aiden built his own, too, (must be a boy thing), but Lily, Anabella and I made one together.  

Go, Dan!
 

Actually I get the credit for this snowman. They helped "decorate" and do some smoothing, but mostly I built this Frosty myself. Not too shabby if I do say so myself. Especially thanks to the "snowman kit- just add snow" I picked up a yardsale this past summer. I especially like his "heart." 


Dan's Nats/Steelers snowman

It was Timme's idea to add the glow sticks for eyes! 






More sledding, another Yorkshire breakfast, a snowman, plenty of snuggles and game playing along with a delicious new Crockpot soup, and while I love me some good snow days, I think I just might be ready for spring now....

Time to wash up the mittens and pull out the sundresses.....

Okay, alright, one or two more, and then ready for spring....


No comments:

Post a Comment