Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Frosty the Snowman


I've included the Frosty the Snowman video in case you live in Virginia and, like us,  have forgotten what a snowman looks like. 

I will also include some pictures of the snowmen that are adorning our house right now. Laughing at us as the temperatures creep higher and higher, into the 60s twice last week!

Ordinarily, I wouldn't complain about a mild winter (though I do love snow). The mild temperatures make it much easier to live life with two toddlers. But, I did want snow this year. At least one big snowstorm, so that Anabella and Daniel could play outside in it (not to mention wear the snowgear that they otherwise will not have the chance to wear since it probably won't fit next year).

Besides that, snow is beautiful and it might give Cliff a day at home with us. And, as if that's not enough, the REAL reason I want some snow (and want it fast!) is that  I planned Daniel and Anabella's 2nd birthday party to be a FROSTY celebration!! 

Here are some of the decorations for the party.





















This is not really a  party decoration since it's in the office, but isn't it a cool picture?


I don't know what is more obnoxious- all of the snowmen sitting around our house...or the fact that I took pictures of them???!!!

Besides that I already had some snowmen of my own, the Credles gave us their collection now that they spend winters in Florida.  Their collection included a couple boxes of snow ornaments for a January tree.  Since I am always sad to take down the Christmas trees, I was excited to leave one up as a Frosty themed tree.  And, since they were already up, why not leave them up for February and make the twins' birthday party a Frosty party.  (This may be my last year at picking the theme for them, so why not take advantage of it while I can?!)



Seemed like a great idea at the time, which was Early January.  Only, now all the Frostys are laughing at me. Big loud guffaws as I crack a window in the kitchen to let in some fresh air.

The Frosty tree


First (and possibly last) snow of the season. 

A few flurries back in Early January.








Now look at those faces....calling for snow...yearning for snow for their

Frosty party this weekend!!

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow!!!!

(only not on Saturday)


No comments:

Post a Comment