Thursday, October 25, 2012

Chick-fil-a

Who doesn't love Chick-fil-a?

I remember going to Chick-fil-a for the first time when I was in middle school. It was the Chick-fil-a at Apple Blossom Mall in Winchester, and I used to go every weekend with my best friend from elementary school, Lori.  We would go there before hitting the arcade. We always got Kids' Meals, and I always dipped my nuggets AND waffle fries in Polynesian Sauce.

Years later, I was eating at the same Chick-fil-a while on my lunch break from Victoria's Secret, where I worked during the summer when I was home on college breaks.  Polynesian was still my favorite sauce.  Then, when I worked at Spotslyvania Mall in Fredericksburg, while attending college at Mary Washington, I fell in love with the homemade honey mustard sauce they served in dispensers. 

Soon after, this homemade honey mustard sauce became the new "Chick-fil-a sauce," and it was packaged and sold at ALL the franchises (though I have to say the sauce in the dispensers at Spotsylvania Mall did taste better- though they claim it's the same recipe). 

Anabella and Daniel, like their Mommy, love Chick-fil-a.  Along with Target, Lowes and Costco, Chick-fil-a is one of the places they identify upon riding by or seeing the sign.  They haven't identified a favorite sauce yet, but Chick-fil-a is sure to be their response if you ask them their favorite place to eat. On the way to the lake this summer, Granny found it hilarious that they both requested Chick-fil-a when we suggested stopping somewhere for lunch. They were quite adamant about it- NO, Wendys, CHICK-FIL-A!!  

There's a Chick-fil-a in Gainesville at the Gateway Shopping Center just minutes from our house; and there are two more in Manassas and one at Fair Oaks mall.

The Chick-fil-a at Fair Oaks Mall is where we've been visiting on Wednesdays, and it happens to be "Family Night." We go on Wednesdays because Chip has a class Wednesday nights, and an evening at the mall is a good way to spend the remaining hours of an otherwise long day at home.  

Fair Oaks mall has a lot of perks that Manassas Mall does not- the first being that there's a great play place for kids, with lots of fun things to climb and plenty of room to run around and expend some energy! We discovered this for the first time when Ryan came to stay with us over five years ago. We went again with Hayden a few years later, and now with our sweet lil' ones. Never fails to please!

Unfortunately, however, I do worry about germs, and these kid areas are germ factories. The great thing about them though, is that they are cleaned every morning just before the mall opens at 10am. So, if you are there at 10 am, then, while still germy, it is less germy.  6pm at night, different story. Fortunately for us, Chick-fil-a offers so many fun activities on Wednesday nights that a trip to the mall is still fun even if we don't go to the play place! Plus, Fair Oaks has another huge perk- glass elevators! If you have ever taken a toddler on a glass elevator, you understand this.

Fair Oaks, like Chick-fil-a, never fails to please.  Here are my sweet babies painting pumpkins at their favorite restaurant, Chick-fil-a:








They each put their pumpkin in a bag and carried it home to show Daddy. Daniel dropped his to the floor upon getting in the van, proclaiming it was "dirty." Anabella proudly held her bag all the way home, so firmly that most of her paint wore off before arriving there.

They were very excited to show Daddy their pumpkins, and I now have a fun idea to take to Granny's house for us to share with Caleb and Hadley on Halloween day. Painting pumpkins!

And, the Chick-fil-a in Manassas is offering a free kids' meal to kids dressed in a costume this Saturday- we will be there (in pink and brown).

By the way, for those of you who haven't heard the news, we are very proud of Daddy for his promotion to Assistant Principal at Greenbriar West Elementary School in Fairfax. Though we miss having him home earlier in the evenings, we know that he likes his new job, and we are very proud of him! YAY, DADDY!!! (this means we get to eat out at Chick-fil-a more often)







No comments:

Post a Comment