Friday, October 26, 2012

The Indian and the Pink Princess

Today at Daytime Playtime the "inchworms" (what they call the 2 year old class) were allowed to dress in costume.  They are having a costume parade, and since Daniel and Anabella LOVE "marching, marching, marching," I know they will have a blast!

Daniel took Mommy's advice this morning and traded in his fleece monkey for the Indian, which I assured him would be more comfortable for school. He's a very independent little fellow, and even more so lately, as "I do it" has become his favorite phrase.  He liked the idea of carrying the ax (scary, I know) and decided it would be ok to be a  lil' Indian if he could carry a weapon and wear his tough boots, especially if it meant being more comfortable for school. (We'll save the monkey for Halloween night when hopefully it will be cooler outside.)

Presenting....

The Indian and the Pink Princess 
(with their painted pumpkins!)

























The Indian decided it would be fun to throw his lil' painted pumpkin.  And, once he did, he found that it rolled. Soon, Anabella joined in, and I was sure happy Daddy was home to help round them up for preschool! (I think he learned this from Hartland Orchard- still working on that post- where they rolled pumpkins down a hill).


Dan Credle was particularly agreeable this morning. Not only did he agree to the Indian costume, he kissed his sister on the porch (at my suggestion) and held her hand while walking back to the house (again at my suggestion).  Thank you, sweet boy, for letting Mommy get some good pictures! (unfortunately, he was not so agreeable for family photos last weekend- more on that in a later post)




They wear costumes to school again on Monday, so....
stay tuned...
to see what they turn into next!




No comments:

Post a Comment