Oh my. It really hit me when I added the three candles to their cupcakes.
Anabella and Daniel are 3 years old!
It's been 3 years since that Monday after the Super Bowl when we trampled through the snow in the truck to Fair Oaks hospital to await their arrival.
3 years!
Really? How can it be?
3 years already??!
We started the day with presents (after they couldn't take any more snuggles and forced me out of bed!)
The mini trampoline was an instant hit! Frugal Mommy found this "like new" version on craigslist for less than half of a new one at Toys R Us. It came completely assembled AND already nicely broken in!
The rest of the presents were supposed to wait until Daddy got home. Next time Mommy will be smarter and NOT leave them in view.
I videotaped them opening them for Daddy to see- I doubt anyone else is interested- but here it is on youtube- if you have 6 minutes to spare. :)
I decorated with some birthday banners the night before, and I left these window clings by the door- glad I did- they enjoyed putting them up themselves.
After breakfast, we went to Little Gym for our weekly class. I love that our class fell on their birthday- what a great way to spend the morning!
Next, we went to the park and played a little, though it was a bit chilly. Then, we had lunch at....you guessed it- Chick-fil-a!!
Naps in the afternoon, then to Cracker Barrel where we met Maw and Dee for dinner.
Then, back home for more presents and cupcakes!!
Anabella got a grocery cart that has two baby seats- stores take note- carts need 2 seats! Daniel has been into pirates lately- he likes Jake from Jake and the Neverland Pirates- so he got a Jake treasure box- he couldn't wait to put on the bandana!
And he wasn't about to take it off!
Happy Birthday to you....
Happy Birthday to you....
Happy Birthday, Anabella...
Happy Birthday, Daniel....
Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday to you!
Daniel thought Anabella's pink icing looked better than the vanilla with Oreo topping on his, so he wanted a strawberry cupcake too!
A few days later, MaMa and PaPa flew in from Florida, and it was time to celebrate again!
PaPa made Anabella and Daniel books filled with pictures and memories of their first 3 years!!
They also got Lego sets- Daddy's favorite toy as a kid!
I still can't believe it's been 3 years! Every age and stage has been wonderful, but I am really enjoying the little people (little people, BIG personalities!) Daniel and Anabella are becoming- even more apparent now as they turn 3 years old. I love their unique personalities and watching how they interact and play together. I know the next 3 years will be filled with even more fun (but if those years could pass a little SLOWER, that would be nice!)
No comments:
Post a Comment