Monday, March 4, 2013

The Little Gym Awesome Birthday Bash!

To celebrate Daniel and Anabella's 3rd birthday, we had an awesome birthday bash at The Little Gym in Gainesville. I knew they would want their school friends at their party this year, and trying to find a way to entertain a group of 3 year olds (boys AND girls) at the house never really made it past the "consideration" stage of planning.  We did consider Toddlin' Time, Daniel and Anabella's favorite place (besides Busch Gardens) last summer, but they were booked.

Worked out just as well, as Toddlin' Time was a bit farther (downtown Manassas), and since we had family coming from Front Royal, The Little Gym was more convenient.

Convenient and FUN!!!

We had a blast! I tried to condense the pictures (we had well over 200!), but it's so hard to pick and choose!! So, LOTS of pictures in this 3rd b-day post! (some of which are still to come- my friend Mary, who is a photographer, had my camera for part of the party, then switched to hers- I haven't received her pictures yet- but wanted to get this post out anyway, so I will add those later!)






This is Jake, the son of one of our friends.
He will be 3 soon!

This is Hadley, Anabella's favorite "little" person!
Hadley will be 1 at the end of March.



Hadley says, I may not be a year old yet, but I can hang
with the best of them at the Little Gym- look at me go!


This is PaPa, Daniel's favorite "big" person!

Here's Chance, a friend from Daytime Playtime

Here's the 3-year-old Birthday Princess!


And, here's the 3-year-old Birthday Batman!
What I loved about this party was that it was stress-free. Not only was I not entertaining the kids, I got to play along and have fun while someone else hosted the party!

After the initial round of free play, we got in a circle and played some games as a group.









 Next, it was time for more free play!

This is Finley (a little blurred).
Finley is Anabella's friend who had the Rapunzel party
we attended a month or so ago.

Ryan!

Hayden!


TaDa!










Next, it was time for the parachute! After a few minutes of fun making waves and running with it, we all went under and made a dome, where we sang Happy Birthday!!



Daniel LOVES the parachute- he could hardly wait to go under!


Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday Dear Anabella AND Daniel,
Happy Birthday to you!!





I love these next several pictures of Daddy with his 3-year-olds- I think he was happy not to be hosting, too!







Next, it was time for the moon bounce- Daniel's other favorite (real favorite!).

 
Look at Batman go!




Helping to deflate it was as much as watching it inflate! 




We played with balls for a little while, and then we headed to the birthday room for some pizza and cupcakes!




 This is where Mary took over with her camera (a little before this I think), so I only have a few more pics....
This party was stress free, I tell ya!
I didn't even make the cakes this year- though I wish I could take credit for them-
I did bake cupcakes. :)





Stella, a friend from Daytime Playtime

Chance again...I tried to photograph all the kids but I missed a couple-
Lucy, Addison and Corbin can be seen in the group shots,
but I didn't get individual shots of them.

Peyton, my cousin Leslie's daughter, will be 2 years old next week!

Warner, a friend from Daytime Playtime, looks just like his Daddy!
(talks like him too- he's a fun little guy!)

Jake likes pizza!
Anabella loves his mommy, Ms. Christine. I think it's
because she knows she will be having a new little baby to play with soon
(though she will never take the place Anabella's Hadley!)


This is where my camera battery ran out....I switched to my old camera when I got home, but now that camera won't turn on anymore.  I still have the pictures on the memory card, so I will add those pictures to a separate post when I get Mary's pictures.  Basically, following the party, we went back home with family and opened gifts (and ate more pizza and cake!)

I am so glad we had an Awesome Birthday Party at The Little Gym!! We sure had fun...hope you did, too!!!

1 comment: