Wednesday, June 12, 2013

"Something"






What I love about Play Doh is how versatile it is.  It's as fun for toddlers as it is for school aged kids as it is for adults.

I love the way it sparks imaginations and empowers creativity.  When I bring out the Play-Doh, I never know what I'm going to get....


So, while this may look like nothing more than a "mess"
...do not let it fool you...

These are cookies.

This is a cake....i.e. a "birthday" cake.

This is "something."
Mommy: What are you making, Daniel?
Daniel: Something
And, while he never divulged what that "something" was, it WAS something.
(He picked out that outfit he's wearing- pretty good, eh?
now that it's summer, he's traded in his athletic pants for athletic shorts)




Such concentration....
Just before they (the cookies & cake) went into the oven....
You can't tell it from this picture, but S's cookies are very intricately decorated
(unlike her 3 year old sidekick, she didn't want to "mix" the colors- how
come nobody has taught A this rule?! )

Here's the final cake.
The Cake that really does "Take the Cake."
Complete with Cheerios leftover from breakfast the next day- yes, the next day-
these creations were too "something" to put back in the canisters.

(Ewwww. Yes, I "secretly" tossed it in the trash later that day)

You gotta love Play Doh. It's messy and all that, but one day when I'm back at work with a clean house, and I'm not picking Play Doh off my foot from the floor I THOUGHT I cleaned,  I know I'm going to miss that "something."



2 comments:

  1. Good thing it's cheap too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. My OCD won't allow me to put mixed colors back in the canisters. I purposely try to allow them to mix though so that they won't be OCD like their crazy mother!

    ReplyDelete