Sunday, June 30, 2013

Father's Day

Last Sunday, Father's Day, we spent the morning at the beach. While I was sad to not spend the day with my own Dad, I was happy to see my children's Daddy enjoy a relaxing morning at the beach with this family- one of his very favorite things to do and places to be!

I didn't have my camera, but did manage a few pictures with my phone, some of which turned out pretty good considering the glare from the sun had me wondering if I was doing any more than chopping off heads and getting my own fingers.

It was a really nice way to spend the morning. The weather was perfect, Daniel and Anabella were super excited about being at the beach (after having talked about it for a while now), and we had the best time- just playing in the sand and walking along the water. Daddy had been extra busy the weeks leading up to it, with the end of the school year and all that goes with it, so it was nice to see him sit back with his shades and enjoy some down time.






























Kiss, Kiss, We Love you, Daddy!
 
After we left the beach, we returned to the Credles and enjoyed a nice meal with MaMa and PaPa before it was time to hit the road again for our next destination, Evan's graduation party. It was our last time seeing Stephanie (Cliff's cousin), her husband, Russell, and recent grad Evan in Virginia before their move to Alaska. Alaska! Can you believe it?! (they are good friends with the Palins- heehee- right, Stephanie?)  Stephanie's parents were there too, along with several others we hadn't seen since their wedding in OBX last October, so we were glad we made the trip (we spent most of Mother's Day on the road, too; next year we are staying put!)




We arrived as the graduation party/open house was ending, despite our allowance of four hours for what should have been a two and half hour trip (I-95 on a Sunday- need I say more). But....we made it there and gave farewell hugs and warm wishes, and even managed to get these two pictures, which I think are really sweet.


Solomon and Shilee, though not pictured, are huge fans of the Courters, particularly Evan, so it's only fitting that they were there with us to say good-bye.  (Solomon said his feelings are terribly hurt that he didn't make this picture).

Back at home, (hours later- hence the pjs), Anabella and Daniel couldn't wait to give their Daddy his Father's Day presents.

They made cards at Daytime Playtime and MOPS,  as well
as at home, so Daddy was showered with happy wishes!




These pictures, like the ones from the rest of the day, were made with my phone and are not the greatest quality, but the smiles show the love, and that's all that matters. (though I do wish I had used the real camera for the two below as they are such sweet photos).

Love you, Daddy!

Love you, Daddy!

Hope you had a Happy Father's Day! We are lucky to have you as our Daddy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment