Friday, August 30, 2013

Building a Campfire

Ever since Late Spring, when "camping" was one of their weekly themes at Daytime Playtime, Daniel and Anabella have been talking about camping.

Every time we go to Granny's, they can't wait to watch "Pink Foot," a Bupple Guppies episode featuring a campfire where they tell a story about the legend of Pink Foot (a.k.a. Big Foot).

Daniel, who can't pass up a twig in the parking lot, has been collecting sticks (and leaves and rocks) since he could walk.

That boy was born ready to go camping.

Here's the campfire they made in the front yard the week we
returned from the lake (I think I shared this in the last post).






Here's the one (in its early stages) they made at the park a few weeks ago.




Pretty good, eh? 


A couple days later:
While a few sticks had blown away,
we found our campfire was still mostly intact.
No worries, though.
Daniel replaced the missing sticks with some new ones.
(if you look closely at the bottom of the picture, it almost looks like there are flames)
Camping is "first and foremost" on our list of things to do this fall!

I'd say we're pretty ready. :)

1 comment:

  1. I guess you'll have to buy that tent soon after all!

    ReplyDelete