Thursday, August 22, 2013

Good Ol' Summer Fun!

The week we returned from the lake, Daniel and Anabella requested bacon every morning for breakfast.  Anabella even went as far as to suggest I "open the refrigerator and just look," when I told her we didn't have any, for like the fourth day in a row.

Then, when it was time to get dressed, every day for a week, they'd pull out their bathing suit and swim trunks. Every day! For a week! 

"But we want to go swimming," Daniel would say.

If I could have taken them to the pool, I would have, but our community pool doesn't open until noon due to swim lessons. 

So, instead, I did the next best thing: 

Broke out the Spiderman sprinkler!! 

And, for about a week (that's how long it took me to bring life
back to the flower bed that had been neglected for a month
), Daniel & Anabella
ran around the yard (and cul-de-sac) in their swimsuits.




When they weren't playing in the sprinkler, or "helping" me weed the
flower bed, one day they made this "campfire."



When we finally did leave the house, we did wear "real" clothes.

When it rained one day, and I explained that we couldn't go outside, 
Daniel said, "That's okay. We have rain coats."
He said it so assuredly, t
he next thing we knew, we were on the street in the rain!

  
Only, once we got out there, Dan Credle wasn't quite sure what to do with himself.
He looked at me like I was crazy!
Yet, he was the one who made the suggestion! 

Anabella knew what to do!




Soon, they were both dancing it up in the rain!
Stomp, Stomp.
 


The following week, we went to Beth's to spend the afternoon at her grandmother's pool, but
the weather didn't cooperate, so we hung out and played at their house instead.
I like this picture of the four kids, taken by Beth as we were leaving
(look closely at Will and Daniel- they have semi-matching grins)! 

My sweet God daughter.
These pictures are from my phone, made at one of our favorite parks.
I have some other good ones of the great campfire they made there, 
but that deserves its own post, so stay tuned. 


Who says girls don't drive four wheelers?!
(This was taken by Daddy- at Costco. Are you supposed to climb on the sale
merchandise at Costco?)

Vrrooom, vroom!

Eight years later.....still happy in love. :)
Another phone pic.
Taken on the lawn at Wolf Trap as we were jammin' out with
Huey Lewis & the News
during their 30th anniversary tour of their hit album, Sports.
Power of Love, Baby! :)
I love summer.

Even when it's hot.
Even when it rains.
Even when it POURS.

Thank God for the trees, which provided us a nice little awning during our concert when it poured and poured AND poured. You can't tell it from this picture (well, maybe if you look closely at my hair), but it stormed for the first 20 minutes of the concert.

Did I mention we were on the lawn?

Awww, man.

Where were OUR raincoats and rubber boots??!

That's okay, though, it was fun to pretend we were three again.....we took it in stride and danced the night away! :)

Only without the vibrant coats & boots, we weren't quite as cute....no pictures of that (I know you're glad).





1 comment:

  1. Looks like you all are having a ton of fun. I can hardly wait until my kids are all big enough for those impromptu adventures. Right now it is all I can do to keep up with them gated in the living room of their house. We are so thankful when Dave is home or NaNa comes to visit and we get to come out and explore a bit more.

    ReplyDelete