Saturday, August 10, 2013

Pandas, Apes, Elephants, and two little cuties....oh my!

Another adventure we took during the month of July was a trip back to the National Zoo.



The pandas were hiding last spring, so we were happy to see them
out and about this trip.












This little guy is the red panda who was in the news the week
before because he escaped to Adams Morgan for a nightcap.
Heard they had some good bars and nightclubs and wanted to join in on the fun.
A reporter from Channel 4 news was there trying to do a story...."look
at all the people here to see the red panda who escaped last week" (that's
how we knew he escaped- ha!) 

I made a new friend.
 Isn't he cute?

This little meerkat was another of my favorites. (he liked me, too- see how
proudly he stood while I took his picture).


This monkey was pretty entertaining as well.



Is that gorilla eating a box AGAIN?!
Daniel and Anabella were so excited to see this "big fella" as Daniel called him.
 As soon as we mentioned we were going to the zoo, they started in on that "gorilla eating
the box" talk.  They don't forget a thing! 
Is that Shilee out there? How'd she get in the zoo??



Anabella suggested I take her picture here.
She was so funny- every time she'd see a photo spot, she'd run over and say,
"Mommy, take my picture!"
Of all the zoo animals, I like my two cuties the best. :)

1 comment:

  1. You can tell they were having a blast. I originally had a trip the the zoo written on our Sept calendar for our monthly family outing but Wilson's pet farm may have to suffice since I can hardly walk around the grocery store these days! We took Caleb a couple years ago to the National zoo and he loved it. This is the perfect time to go - the animals aren't shedding like they do in the spring and the weather is so nice which makes it more comfortable for you and the animals come out more. Good choice.

    ReplyDelete