Monday, March 31, 2014

First Days of SPRING


Last Thursday was the first day of spring.

Anabella was beaming on Wednesday when I picked her up from school.

"Guess what, Mommy," she said, her eyes as big as saucers.  Not getting a chance to even ask what, she excitedly informed me that, "tomorrow is the first day of SPRING!" I'm pretty sure her next words were, "Can I wear short sleeves?!"

Talk about enthusiasm!
SPRING?!
Are you kidding me?
WOOHOO!
I can hardly wait!! (I'm pretty sure my enthusiasm matched hers).

I think we're all feeling pretty enthusiastic this year over SPRING!

Only Old Man Winter is still being a bit stubborn.  If you can even believe it, it snowed again last Monday. All day. Fluffy white (wet) snow.  About 3 inches, believe it or not. Didn't stick to the roads, but enough to be a nuisance.  Solomon & Shilee were not happy.  And, then again yesterday, a cold rain mostly, but as we drove west to Allie's house in Woodstock, we hit snow at Linden just as we approached the Front Royal exit.

I refuse to post another snow picture (I know you've seen enough), so I didn't even take any this time. A first, I know, although it was a pretty snow, pretty if it was December.

Instead, I'll share some pictures from the second day of SPRING. Taken last Friday when we went to Front Royal to visit Granny.

While it wasn't balmy by any stretch, we were comfortable in light jackets. And, hey, at this point, we'll take it!

Dan is signed up for soccer, which starts this week (if the fields are dry enough).
He found this soccer ball in Granny's garage and was all about it.




I don't have any training or anything, and my husband always tells me to "never talk sports" but he sure looks like a soccer player to me. 



Hey, no hands!
It's okay, though. He was going to get his sister a ball (and wasn't about to leave his own ball).











Guess who wanted to remove her sweater?









Granny didn't have her own ball, so she brought out the hopper and was trying to kick it.
Silly Granny.








 After finding some flowers blooming around the side of house, Anabella was just about as excited to show me these flowers as she was to tell me that it was almost SPRING that day I picked her up from preschool. She was even more excited that Granny let her pick some. And, then over the moon when she took them in the house and got to help put them in a vase!

Now that says SPRING!
Meanwhile, Dan Credle had little interest in going back inside on such a nice day.  So, he and Mommy stayed out a little longer.

And, I'm glad we did.  Because while we were out, he discovered three of this favorite outdoor things.


1- the lawnmower






2- sticks



3- leaves!

He actually said, "Oh, my favorite thing to do," as he kerplopped right in this little pile of leaves!

stick in hand






The next day, Saturday, we returned to Front Royal, this time to Mom and Dad's house.  Daddy picked up a soccer ball for Dan on the way, and they had fun with Ryan and Hayden practicing kicking outside while Anabella, Maw, Granny and Mommy did their own preparing for SPRING at the salon.


What's the start of spring without a new shiny coat of nail polish on your toes?!
Glittery, in Anabella's case.  She requested glitter this time.  



Yep, Mommy's toes say: SPRING, bring it on, baby! 

Maw's toes say:  Soon, bring on some SPRING soon, please!
Meanwhile Granny's toes are still stuck in winter socks.
She's a bit of a humbug when it comes to pedicures. Doesn't like anyone touching her feet.
She did get her fingernails painted (though I'm not sure she really liked it).
Nevertheless, we're glad she came along. It was a fun little SPRING outing.




1 comment:

  1. I was surprised when you said Granny went with you for the pedicure but alas I see that she didn't actually GET a pedicure.

    We are ready for spring too.

    ReplyDelete