Thursday, March 20, 2014

wAckY WeeeEEk

What an appropriate week for Daytime Playtime to celebrate "Wacky Week!"

On Monday, we shoveled 6+ inches of snow, and the next morning we were taking our WaCKy pictures on the front porch (with no coats)!

Fortunately, though it snowed Monday, school was in session on Tuesday, two hours late.  While preschool was closed last year when there was a delay (given the day is only 3 hours to begin with, from 9am-12pm). But, this year, they tried something new; they followed a delayed schedule making morning preschool 11am-1pm and afternoon from 1:30-3:30pm.

So.....Anabella and Daniel had school all three days this week (one of three full weeks so far in 2014- yep, it WAS a wacky week!).

Let me tell you, it's hard enough getting dressed and out the door by 8:40am on a normal day, but add WaCky to the mix, and boy, was I ever grateful for those extra two hours on Tuesday.

Because we had more time, we have more pictures......

I brought these easels up from downstairs a few weeks ago, and they have really enjoyed them.   I love seeing the pictures they make.




You guessed it, Tuesday was COSTUME Day!

Dan cracks me up with his poses!







Quick, he's going to jump!


Wednesday:  WaCky Day!!

I learned my lesson with Costume Day, and we picked out our wAcky outfits the night before. Made a Little Daniel and a Little Anabella on the floor of the hallway.  Ernie did this in a book we read, and ever since, whenever we pick out clothes the night before (which we always try to do the night before on schooldays), Dan always likes to make a "Little Daniel."  It's really cute.

Anyway, Monday night I wasn't sure whether they'd have school, so rather than get them excited about costumes before bed (they do get pretty excited over dress up), I decided to wait until morning.  Dan easily picked his.
Whew, Spiderman was happy.
Anabella, another story.
She and I went round and round and back around and around.....round and round AGAIN, finally agreeing on this fairy princess costume.
She REALLY wanted to wear her pink leotard but we couldn't find any tops that fit underneath; then, her black leotard, same problem. Why couldn't she just wear it with no shirt? (no) Then, all her tights were too small (they really were- did she grow three inches over night?) Why couldn't she just wear leggings? (she did) Finally, when she was dressed and I thought all was well, she started in again with her hair. Why couldn't she just leave it down? (no) She'd leave her hair down every day if I let her (in her eyes!).  Seriously? That girl is something else sometimes. I sure hope it's not a preview of what's to come.

Whew.

Much easier Tuesday night.  WaCky is easy, right?  Anything goes! I pretty much let them pick what they wanted (though you know I couldn't help but make suggestions).  Dan's outfit wasn't really all that wacky, and though I made some suggestions to how he could wacky it up a little more, he was happy, so I let him be.  Anabella, same thing.  She pretty much picked her outfit, and while it wasn't really waCky either, I suggested the hat and snow boots, so it all kinda came together. I was a little disappointed Dan wouldn't wear a hat, but most of all I wanted them to be comfortable. Because, really, what fun is Wacky Day if you aren't your own WaCky?!

So, with no further ado, presenting.......






The Wackys!

Love these WAckyS!!!











Thursday was Crazy Hair Day.  Dan didn't like the idea of wearing Daddy's doo-rag, and since it's hard to crazy up his hair, he didn't participate in this wacky event. One boy in his class had his hair dyed blue, but other than that, the boys pretty much looked the same. I personally think they should think of something different for next year's Wacky Week- crazy hair for preschool boys, I mean, come on, seriously? If you don't have enough to do a mo-hawk, then what is there to do?

Anyway, I did crazy up Belle's hair (a little), but with the rush of trying to get four kids out the door by 8:30am, (S and S come on Thursday mornings), I didn't get any pictures. She had three pony tails. It was WaCky, but not as wacKy as it would have been had she left it down (as she would have preferred).

Whew, I'm whacked out!






1 comment:

  1. I love those two wackys too! They have such cute personalities.

    ReplyDelete