Sunday, April 27, 2014

Easter Morning

The first words out of Anabella's mouth as she came downstairs Easter morning (I was preparing breakfast in the kitchen): "Mommy, the Easter Bunny hid our baskets too easy. They're under the dining room table."

Oops.  Better luck next year, Easter Bunny. You can't outsmart these four year olds!



Solomon was eyeing those Peeps hoping they'd be left on the floor when we left for church. 





Look at that big egg....bet that one has candy inside! 




Dan was excited to see some Spiderman stuff. He got a Spiderman nightlight, a Spiderman bubble and sunglass set and a new Spiderman cup (Easter Bunny, like Mommy, has fully embraced that this boy is a superhero fan!). 





Pool season will be here before we know it, and we'll have to try out those super soakers!  Until then, they're quite entertaining even without water. 



Anabella was thrilled with her new book of Bible stories!
She loves The Pajama Bible, which was a gift from Beth & Sara, and now she has another one to enjoy before bedtime.



It's the return of.....you guessed it....the Slinky!
When will I ever learn??! (This time they both got one.)





Sad that she didn't get to eat a pink Peep.
Solomon ate them all.
Just kidding.
Believe it or not, I think this was the first holiday ever when Sol did not manage to sneak a bite of candy off the floor.

Dan was too busy with his Slinky, so Anabella decided to set out on her own to find the hidden eggs.


They didn't have anything in them, but she was still pretty excited about finding them.

I wish the Easter Bunny would have gotten multiple pairs of those Spiderman socks. I think Dan's worn them every day since he's gotten them. Even tries to pull them out of the dirty laundry! "Where are my Spiderman socks," I can hear the words before they're even out of his mouth. 







There, he did help his sister find an egg or two (actually I think this was the only one).

Oh look, he found another one- can I open it, he asked?! (one of the big ones from his Easter basket- filled with candy!)  That funny boy! He's a clever one. 

Any in there?
I sure hope not!
Here we are trying to get a few pictures before church.
Notice I said trying....they were more interested in being silly!





I love this one of Dan trying to show off his Spiderman socks.





Here's a better one taken just outside church.



They got to pick Easter eggs from a basket on the way out.
Here's what they brought home from their Sunday school class. 

I'm always amazed at what they learn from their Bible stories at church. For example, on this day when we picked them up, Dan showed me the big rock that had covered the tomb in this picture. He said Jesus was hurt but he got out. When I asked him who moved the rock (stone), he pointed to the Mary in the picture (ok, so he has still some learning to do).  Dave, Lindsay's husband, got all the families with children (out at Granny's) a set of Resurrection Eggs to help explain the meaning behind the celebration of Easter. Between looking at those that night and what they picked up at church that morning, I think our kids definitely understood this holiday was more than Easter baskets and chocolate bunnies! We also have the board book The Story of Easter, which I really like.

We did Easter baskets before church and then opened a few more things from Mommy & Daddy after church (this was a new approach as everything didn't fit into the baskets this year, and some of this stuff I'm pretty sure someone had seen before). 


They each got a few pieces of clothing and a new summer dish set.  And....two water guns, which were huge hits (even more exciting than the super soakers they got in their Easter baskets!). 







They also got a few Easter books, which I'd meant to give them earlier, but had packed away and forgotten.  

A little before noon, we packed up again and headed to Granny's for the second part of our Easter day!
More on that in the next post.....

1 comment:

  1. You looked so nice! (And the kids did too, but let's focus on you today!)

    Dan and those socks cracks me up by the way!

    ReplyDelete