Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Spring Pictures


If you've been reading my blog long, you know I'm not a huge fan of studios. I prefer taking my own pictures or to have an independent photographer take pictures outside.  

With that said, the one studio where we have gotten some good kid shots is Picture People. We did our 1 year photo shoot there back in March 2011; and, ever since, I get mailers every year around the time of their birthday offering a birthday package for $18- one pose- you know the deal.  

While I loved the family pictures we got this past fall, I don't have any of the kids individually, so I decided to redeem the offer this year and take them individually for 4 year pictures. 

Anabella loves having her picture taken and was super excited about the idea of going to the studio for pictures, so I took her to the first appointment I booked for a Tuesday evening. 

She remembered this box from our previous visit, so she asked the photographer for it when we got there.  She was so excited about getting in this box! (what is it with boxes and these children?!)
The photographer couldn't find the number 4, but Anabella was pretty pleased with the princess crown.

These are Daddy's favorites- her peeking out of the box!









I think I'd like these better with a different background. 


While I'm not generally a fan of props, and these weren't Easter pictures per se; this was all about her, so I let her choose what she liked.
These Easter Bunny pictures did turn out pretty cute, and she got such a kick out of playing with those oversized eggs. 






This last set of pictures is my favorite- no props, just Anabella being Anabella.













So, while I went in with the intention of purchasing only the $18 bundle, I couldn't help but also purchase the low resolution CD, so I could keep these shots forever (and display them here). How could I not?  Can you guess which one I picked for the bundle deal?

It was hard to choose, but this is what I bought for the bundle deal- thought it was the best reflection of her sweet little personality.   

Now for Spring Pictures Take 2.....the following Tuesday evening, Daniel's turn:

Dan wasn't nearly as excited about getting his picture taken at Picture People. Actually he wasn't just not excited, he was pretty much just against it all together. The fact that he hadn't napped that afternoon didn't help matters. Nap time is becoming increasingly difficult now that the kids are getting older, so rather than fight it, I've been letting them "rest"on some days instead. Some days it works, but on this day it didn't. No naps and an afternoon outside does not equal the right mood for studio pictures.  

Particularly for a boy who is not fond of studios to begin with. I probably should have rescheduled, but Easter was the following week, and since I wanted to give pictures to the family on Easter, there really wasn't time to reschedule. 

Needless to say, because he wasn't really into it, the pictures didn't quite reflect his personality the way I hoped they would.  Rather than buy the CD of pictures that didn't really capture the real Dan Credle, I'll share some of my own that do (and live and learn, which is my favorite motto as mom!)



LOVE this one!





Dan Credle hangin' out in his favorite tree in our backyard!



Now, that's reflective of our boy's personality!  

Here's the one I picked for our package deal at Picture People:







1 comment:

  1. Anabella was such a ham!

    I like the ones you took of Dan and the one from the studio is really cute too.

    I had Reid's done but still need to take the other two. Maybe we can work in a playdate since I'll be down that way.

    ReplyDelete