Sunday, July 13, 2014

July 4th: Fireworks at Busch Gardens


Following our fun afternoon at Water Country, we returned to the Credles for dinner before loading the van and heading back to Williamsburg, this time to Busch Gardens for the fireworks show. The fireworks show was at 9:30pm, but we arrived around 7pm so that the kids could ride some before the show started.

No naps and a big day in the sun, I was a bit worried about how the night would go. I could tell Anabella was tired by the way she was reclining in the stroller.







Dan is not a fan of the balloons, preferring the plane ride beside it,  but Anabella found herself another little guy to ride it with her. 



Meanwhile, Dan and PaPa rode the planes.


Then, they decided to ride it together.

Have I mentioned how scary this ride is for me?
I feel like I can never get the belts tight enough! 
Hold on, guys, hold on!! 












As it started to get dark, we got out the glow sticks MaMa was smart to pack! 


They were so tired, but still hangin' in there......would we make it till 9:30pm to see the sky light up?




Belle convinced her brother to ride the balloons after all. While I was waiting with them in line, there was a little boy waiting with them who was obviously quite intrigued by their glowing bracelets and necklaces. Anabella, sweet girl that she is, took off one of her bracelets and gave it to him.  She and Daniel both tried to get their new friend to ride with them in their balloon, which was also quite sweet, but the rule is one per seat.  


Waiting for the show to begin.....

They closed the rides at 9pm, which gave us a half hour to kill before the fireworks began.

Time for some silly faces......






Whew! We made it to the fireworks without a single meltdown!
Our luck turned there though, because after about the first 5 minutes, Anabella started whining that she was ready to go home saying it was too loud and that she didn't like fireworks. According to Mom, I did the same thing when I was a kid.  I sure do love 'em now though! Especially when they're set to patriotic music like they were that night.
God Bless America!
I sure do love the 4th of July!!

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for no meltdowns. That can definitely make or break an outing. They were so cute in their 4th outfits.

    ReplyDelete