Wednesday, July 9, 2014

July 4th: Water Country

When we looked at the forecast for the holiday weekend, initially we were a little worried about the weather due to a storm, which was supposed to become a hurricane and hit the coast just in time for July 4th. Since the Credles live just a little under an hour from Va. Beach, we were expecting July 4th to be mostly a washout.  Needless to say, we were pretty excited, when by noon, out popped the sun!

It didn't take us long to get on our suits, lather on some sunscreen and head to.....



I suppose that due to the forecast a lot of people changed their plans because there weren't nearly as many people at the water park as we would have expected on a holiday.

We spent the first hour or so at the wave pool before moving on to the Kritter Korral.









Anabella didn't like this slide last year, but she sure did this time!






The Credles took the kids back after about three hours or so, while Chip and I stayed and floated down the lazy river (the Hubba Hubba Highway), following a nap by the wave pool.  What a treat- thank you, MaMa and PaPa!! 

Back at home, the kids were having fun riding in this motorized Jeep that MaMa picked up from a neighbor at their neighborhood yard sale.  


Stay tuned: while I didn't take my camera to Water Country, I did take it that night to Busch Gardens, so plenty more red, white and blue coming soon!  

1 comment:

  1. I don't want Reid to grow up too soon, but I am looking forward to being able to take all of the kids on outings like this without so much stress or having to take another person with us. You all look like you are having so much fun and Dan and Bell are at a great age to do these things. Live it up, Credles! :)

    ReplyDelete