Tuesday, September 9, 2014

More Pool

The last week the pool was open Caleb, Hadley and Reid joined us for some pool fun. We had such a good time, I wish we wouldn't have waited so long to make it happen.  There's always next summer! Plus, since the kids all enjoyed the water so much, we discussed possibly planning a play date to the WARF this fall or winter. They sure did have fun there for Hadley and Caleb's party in April.

It's so cute to see how much these five enjoy each other, and I'm thrilled they have one another to grow up with- those great grandchildren just keep a comin'- already 10 cousins in their generation so far.

Granny came with Lindsay the first day, and the next day her mom and Aunt Brenda came along.  Here are some of the pictures we took with my phone the first day.  Lindsay took pictures the second day, so I may add some of those later.



When Caleb first got there he was spiraling around telling Dan they had to put on their wings. Dan eagerly jumped right on that bandwagon...here they are spreading their wings.


Look at that big boy! 


Granny knew I was taking pictures so she was quick to hand Reid off to Anabella, only that was a little scary there on the concrete. While he is big for his age, he IS only 10 months and not too steady on his feet just yet. That Granny. I don't know about her sometimes. What she won't do to avoid a picture!

Anabella is like, "I got this, Mommy "(as she wraps her arms around Reid's neck- like she used to do with Hadley). Poor Reid is not so sure. That boy is a trooper, I tell ya. He and Hadley both are tough little boogers. They'd get splashed in the pool and never blink an eye. 

Two peas in a pod!
These two are so stinkin' cute together I can hardly stand it. 





















Popcorn, anyone?

Lindsay laughed that every time she took Anabella's picture she'd smile from ear to ear. 









The girls enjoying their popcorn.

Reid's thinking, "Popcorn, where's the popcorn...hey, I want some popcorn!"
Maybe next year, little buddy.  

















Here are some of Lindsay's photos from Day 2:
















Fun! It was great to see the kids enjoy one another, and we couldn't have asked for a better day weather wise. The entire summer was really very mild compared to our typical summer. I think it's why we were able to enjoy so many outdoor activities. It's always sad to say good bye to the pool at the end of the summer, but it's easier knowing it's in exchange for the arrival of fall, my favorite season.  And, while I won't miss applying sunscreen, which I'll exchange instead for fastening coats and putting on mittens, I sure will miss that all natural chlorine smelling air freshener that permeated our van these last few months. I suppose that means I'll have to bring out the pumpkin scentsys!




No comments:

Post a Comment