Monday, September 22, 2014

August Wrap-up

Now that I've posted the back to school pictures, it's time to wrap up August.

This "Flarp" which we call "gooook" was the best 2 bucks I ever spent at Five Below. It's really noise putty. If you look closely at its name you can probably figure out what it's intended for, though we just used it as fun stretchy putty. Dan especially loved making things with it. Unfortunately, I learned the hard way that it really is intended to stay in the can. Either that or ONLY on hard surfaces.  








They like to put on "shows." 


Here they are with Samuel, my friend Mary's son.




















Following the auction of my grandparents' estate, we all had dinner at Joe's Steakhouse in Front Royal. My Aunt Wanda was visiting from California and my Uncle Donald, his wife, Lisa and their children were also there.  

The baby Anabella is holding is her second cousin- my cousin Jessica's daughter.  






Call it crazy, but I just can't not drive by places where I used to live when I'm close by- I took the kids by old condo in Sanderling when we were in Centreville going to the dentist. They couldn't believe I lived alone! Didn't I get scared? Where was Daddy? Where were they? Did I have Solomon & Shilee? It made for a fun conversation.


Do you think the cute dress disguised the fact that she had on mismatched flops? 

Lookin' cool in his camo








That's it for summer.....bring on the pumpkin lattes!

1 comment:

  1. We always have those photos that just don't fit anywhere else. We don't want to miss a thing though.

    ReplyDelete