Monday, April 20, 2015

Spring Break Day 6: Pool Day



Because we had such a big day at Disney, we took a chill day on Wednesday and spent the day at the pool.













We had such a great day lounging in the sun and playing in the pool. Around 3pm or so, we went back to the room and got cleaned up for dinner.

I was so upset that the kids both had red cheeks! We put Water Babies SPF 50 on them that morning, which has always worked liked a charm before (the spray is convenient, but I always do lotion the first few times in the sun because it's easier to get on evenly).  I cannot tell you how guilty I felt. Ugh. Terrible mommy moment. We forgot to reapply!! They were in the pool the whole time and we were there like 4 hours in the middle of the day when the sun is at its hottest! Ouch. LIve and learn. Hope to never have that happen EVER again.

They took in stride. I know I felt the worst. Though, Daddy felt pretty bad, too.

That evening we went to Bonefish for dinner.

It was so nice, we sat outside. 

Do you see his red cheeks?
His weren't quite as bad as Anabella's.

Any guesses as to who colored this? 

After dinner, we did some outlet shopping before coming back the room and calling it a night.

We brought along our Resurrection Eggs, which tell the story of Easter, so we reviewed those before bed. Do you see how nicely they fit on DreamLite's "nest"? Anabella was so excited to do this because apparently they had done them recently at school, so she knew them. She was all about explaining to us "how to play."
Another fabulous day! Sometimes the best days are the most low key days. A quiet day of fun in the sun, a nice meal, and a peaceful "game" before bed.  I brought books along, too, and while some nights we were too tired to read before bed, on this particular night, we were happy to some books to read before bed.

What did we get into the next day, you wonder?
Stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment