Friday, June 24, 2016

End of Year Reading Parade

Each day during the last week of school the Kindergarten classes had special themes. I wish I had done a better job getting pictures of them each day, but I do have some. These are from Friday, which was the Reading Parade. Monday was Pirate Day, Tuesday was Beach Day, Wednesday was the Sing Along (I have pictures of this), Thursday was Camping Day and Friday was Game Day.


Anabella's reading took off this year to say the least. She finished the year reading at end of 1st/beginning 2nd grade level. Here she is with "Mouse Tales," one of her favorites.

Daniel's book was already packed and he didn't want to take it out for a picture.  I tried to get him to take one of our Mo Willems pigeon books or a Pete the Cat that he can read independently (which I think was the idea behind the parade- look what we can read now), but Daniel is a boy with a mind all his own and he insisted on taking his favorite superhero book (a very large hardcover book). It wasn't worth the battle, and honestly there were plenty of kids marching with books they probably couldn't read independently, so I think it was okay. More important that he chose what he wanted. 

So proud with his oversized book. 

He didn't even see me.....he was too busy "reading." Such a cutie!! 


One of the perks of teaching at the school was that I got to watch the parade. It was on a Friday morning so I had to work a few home visits around it, but I'm glad I did because it was super cute. 

This is Daniel's good friend Liam. 




High fiving the older kids who were lining the halls. 





Liam

Anabella's friend, Mackenzie

This is Anabella's "boyfriend" Cole

Dan and Liam after Field Day

Dan's class
Daniel's reading crown

Anabella's reading crown

She wrote "I am the queen of kindergarten" on her crown. 
More end of the year fun coming soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment