Thursday, June 23, 2016

Spring Soccer Season

I was so happy when Anabella decided that she wanted to play soccer this spring because it's the last year VSA has co-ed teams so she and Daniel were on the same team. I was even happier when I found Chip wanted to coach! All my favorite people together on one field.  

































Go, Team Dragons!!



This stance cracked me up! 




Our last game was a make-up game from a rain out and it was hot, hot, hot! I tried to get a team picture under this umbrella the assistant coach brought but it was tough. I've included them all because someone is looking in all of them but not all of them looking at one time in a single picture. ha! 









These were the nicest kids. Nice parents, too. They didn't have a winning season (far from it actually) but they improved SO much and really started working as a team towards the end of the season. And, the most important thing was that they had fun. 

To celebrate the end of the season, the families and players all met at the fountains at the Promenade. They had a blast playing in the sprinklers. Then, they ate freeze pops and Coach presented them each with their medals. 




The team got Chip a soccer ball with a stand and all the kids signed their names on it. They also gave him and Coach Mike Dunkin' Donuts gift cards. 


Selfie on the way to our last game! I'm going to miss going to soccer games on Saturdays but not the goals, bag of balls and stinky cleats from the trunk of the van that I had to wrestle with every time I loaded groceries.  Not the children's cleats. They put theirs away in the closet along with their shin guards after each practice/game. These were the coach's.  PU!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment