| Daniel is scoping out pumpkins. Daniel: I'll take this one! |
In Early October we took our little pumpkins to the pumpkin patch to pick pumpkins! Last year Mommy picked their pumpkins from Safeway, and though they had a great time playing with them, they were even happier to be able to pick their own this time. We went to Hollins Farms, which is a local farm just off Interstate 66. It was Columbus Day weekend, and the babies had their first overnight stay at Granny's on Saturday night while Cliff and I attended a friend's wedding. They had a great time playing with Granny, Aunt Allie and their cousins, Ryan and Hayden. On the way home on Sunday we stopped at the farm. It was a warm afternoon, and the stinkbugs were out in full force! It didn't stop Daniel, as you will see he was all about picking pumpkins- stink bugs, dirt, nothing stopped him! Anabella, on the other hand, didn't like getting her hands dirty and was a little annoyed at the bugs landing on her clothes. I think she may have been tired too. Needless to say, three pumpkins later, we were on our way home with two sleeping toddlers and a trunk full of stink bugs. No kidding. Those pesky stinky bugs even followed Anabella home!! | Anabella: If only these stink bugs would leave me alone, I might be able to pick a pumpkin too. Anabella: Okay, fine, I'll take this one, but I'm not picking it up because it's dirty. And Daddy found one too! (thank goodness!!)For the record, we did not purchase Daniel and Anabella's beautiful pumpkins (can you blame us?). Luckily for us, this year they won't know the difference. ThoughI am sure glad we have a picture of Daniel's. What a classic! I canhonestly say I have never seen a greener pumpkin. |
No comments:
Post a Comment